Ghostly droplets...

Edit My Images
Yes
After seeing this amazing photo by someone else, I think my next challenge is to play with droplet collisions and double exposures.

I had a very quick play simply with a pan and a syringe last night. Used 6-15 second exposure times, pitch black room and my Jessops flash, pressing the "test" button, set on 1/16th power as always for the droplet photos. Decreased the aperture too (18-22 ish), as I was doing 2-3 flashes per photo, didn't want to over expose.

So though while these photos aren't amazing, at all, it's something interesting to try when I next have a moment!

Ghost1.jpg

Ghost2.jpg

Ghost3.jpg

Quite interesting theory to this! Give me a few ideas for the future

can't wait to get round to setting up my drop set up

Yea just quickly, didn't have much time to look propperly but looked cool

Not sure about these Ash, I think I far prefer the single shots . ;)

Not sure these work Ash :thinking:

The photo you referenced was a strobe effect! but if I understand correctly you are using multiple exposures of different drops? ... Different thing really!

Steve

Not sure these work Ash :thinking:

The photo you referenced was a strobe effect! but if I understand correctly you are using multiple exposures of different drops? ... Different thing really!

Steve

Yeh I wasn't trying for the collisions here, was literally just a test of how it works... see my thread further down the page! Haha :)

Yeh I wasn't trying for the collisions here, was literally just a test of how it works... see my thread further down the page! Haha :)

Sorry Ash, still don't understand :thinking:

Your shots look like multiple exposures that have been stacked? The shot you referenced was a strobe effect! .. Very big difference ... :cool:

Sorry Ash, still don't understand :thinking:

Your shots look like multiple exposures that have been stacked? The shot you referenced was a strobe effect! .. Very big difference ... :cool:

Sorry Steve. No, the pics above are literally me holding a syringe, and flashing the flash 2-3 times in quick succession in a pitch black room, over a long exposure time. Same (though obviously not as quick/even/good) as a strobe effect, no?

Then I did manage to get this shot today:

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=197363

Cool! I really like the different colours of the water! What did you use for the coloured stuff?

Back