Emma a little worse for wear

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
So i've been looking at a lot of Aaron Nace's work lately and find it incredibly interesting. Ok he's more of a digital artist than a photographer but he still has some awesome ideas.

I've attempted to imitate one of his simpler ones (well he did post a how to video on the net :p) and here is the result.

emmablood.jpg

Aaron Nace's image

I've took it slightly further as I didn't want to do an exact rip so i've made it a bit more gritty.

i like this but not too sure of the red/dark eyes.

il maybe check out the video, that's right up my street!

Fair enough someone may not walk off the high street and say I want a pic like this, so you cant really compare this to a 'standard' portrait, so I wont.

I like it, I think the eyes, the fake blood, the pastel high key type look, all works for me. It's good work and I like it. Only criticsm is a bit of light spill round the back of the hair, also with regards to the neck, as it looks a little too gritty whereas maybe washing that out a bit wouold be good as it is a bit distracting?

Well done!

Thank you guys. I'm just in the process of experimenting with different things and this is certainly different. :)

It's all a learning experience!

Looks good, can't say I really like it ;), that would be a bit sadistic, but very well done.

The only thing that looks a bit strange in combination with the bloody face is the nicely combed and parted hair, clip still nice and clean. I would have changed something about that too.

Looks good, can't say I really like it ;), that would be a bit sadistic, but very well done.

The only thing that looks a bit strange in combination with the bloody face is the nicely combed and parted hair, clip still nice and clean. I would have changed something about that too.

Ha good point. Though I was trying to copy the original image which also has nice hair :p

I've obviously taken it a bit further but not far enough :)

Have you ever seen any Dario Argento movies, especially Tenebrae and Susperia. You should check them out, as they will also give you inspiration.

Have you ever seen any Dario Argento movies, especially Tenebrae and Susperia. You should check them out, as they will also give you inspiration.

I haven't but i'll be sure to have a look. I'm like a sponge at the moment :p

It's a little scary tbh, but very effective.

LOL :LOL: After seeing some of your 'dark' stuff on here recently? This whole site is getting scary..!! I'm off to hide in the cupboard

BTW Peter I actually prefer your shot to the link you posted as it seems more scary and more realistic

Last edited:
LOL :LOL: After seeing some of your 'dark' stuff on here recently? This whole site is getting scary..!! I'm off to hide in the cupboard

BTW Peter I actually prefer your shot to the link you posted as it seems more scary and more realistic

Wow thanks :)

I think it's the pastel look that might give you that impression. I think it just blends it all together.

Back