Step softly into spring

Name
Angi
Edit My Images
Yes
A simple tulip shot with texture overlays.

Softystepintospring.jpg

Very nice very somber. This seems to be a bit outside your comfort zone Angi, there is not a sight of a frog anywhere.

Allan

Lol, I used to photograph flowers before frogs ;). I love to photograph still life floral pics and stuff from the garden, and enjoy messing around with textures in photoshop too. Ideally I would love to shoot more landscapes but unfortunately I'm not always able to get out much as I have chronic M.E which is pretty severe at the moment, hence the reason for mostly indoor photography.

Nice image, It has a beautiful painterly quality about it (y) but i find the long green leaf sticking staight up slightly distracting. Everything else in the image has lovely curves & then the eye rests on that stalk & stops. easily fixed though.

Regards Toonie

That looks like a watercolour painting. Nice,clean and simple, I like it........(y)

Thats absolutely lovely, how did you create the effect? :)

Thats absolutely lovely, how did you create the effect? :)

Thankyou. The flower was on a white background. I used a few extra layers of a texture, which I blended using the soft light option, then roughly selected the areas where I did not want too much texture overlay within each layer, feathered the selection quite a lot on cut the areas out.
The texture is by Paree Erica over on Flickr, check out their collection and their group for resulting manipulations.

This is gorgeous, creatively done, less is definitely more

Very nice.

I think as a pic I like your other one more (the rich punchy orange one) but that's just me.

That said - this is subtle and simple enough to make a lovely bathroom / conservatory print.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, as requested in my other thread I will write a quick tutorial on using textures this week.

Back