new i7 Macbook pro

i saw this on macrumours

just wish they release updated MBP, as looking to purchase the base 13" model

i saw this on macrumours

just wish they release updated MBP, as looking to purchase the base 13" model

You're in the worst position to jump in then as they tend to delete the base model and move each model down (or even go beyond that). So effectively if you wait you are likely to get something like the next model up at the same price.

We all crave the next best thing but with computers that "next best thing" might not be all that much more impressive. I have a Mac pro variant 1 bought not too long before variant 2 came out. The latest one is an absolute screamer BUT the reality is that unless you are doing something that is MASSIVELY PROCESSOR INTENSIVE you will see little real difference. My Mac pro and Macbook pro (last before the unibody) never actually leave me waiting thinking "if only this was quicker"! The only time when I can tell the difference between the MBP and MP is when I fire up "liquify" in Photoshop where it brings up the screen instantly on the MP and takes 1/3second on the MBP !! The latest Nehalem processors are 15% quicker ish..... Are you going to notice that??? Its worth waiting when it is for new features ie had I known the the unibody was out a month after I bought mine I would have waited (it was more like 10 so I wouldn't have). There will be no new features just extra speed I would suggest. So it's not much of a loss, most people cannot tell the difference between two computers until the speed varies by about 20% - saw this in a demo which was quite amusing!

thanks

so you think they will drop the £918 mbp 13" and have only one 13" similar priced to the £1174?

interesting point

if that did happen, 3rd party resellers like pcworld will see it as run off/ obsolete models and sell them cheaper like the original aluminium unibody non pro version

i will hedge my bets as apple will sell others off in refurb section, generally 14% cheaper ;-)

I bought a 13" MBP yesterday from PC World. Don't really care if they bring out another MBP as I could be waiting for years to 'keep up' with their new releases.

Just get on and do it!

DB

I bought a 13" MBP yesterday from PC World. Don't really care if they bring out another MBP as I could be waiting for years to 'keep up' with their new releases.

Just get on and do it!

DB

agreed. like any modern technology if you were always waiting for the latest thing youd never actually buy anything..

i'm not desperate for one, so for me spending close to £1k to me is alot of money and take along time saving. i'll rather not buy something which is at the end of it's product life cycle.

i've read so many places people are holding off buying a MBP, i wonder if they will have stock issue?

Back