Error 99 after 5 shots

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
Well today was a very very long day. I shot at least 600 shots and every 5 photos I would get error 99. I had to take both batteries out the grip and put them back in each time to get it to work again. 5 shots later, same thing. So this happened at least 150 times today making the shoot very tiring. Things I've tried;

Different lenses
Cleaned the lens contacts
Different cards
Different batteries
No grip
No lens
Flash
No flash
On board flash
Resetted settings

It was fine last night. I was shooting fireworks and I had no problems. It rained very lightly before the fireworks but the camera functioned perfectly. I cleaned my sensor this morning and that seemed to be normal. However, now when I go to the sensor cleaning function and turn the camera off/on it still says "CLEAn" so I have to take the batteries out to fix that.

It still takes photos, just 5 of them. I'm guessing something is really screwed up and its off to Canon for 15 months while they dust for prints.

Get a Nikon...

Just kidding dude. Hope you get it sorted!! You have some nice work!

How many actuations Pete? maybe the shutter mechanism is getting flakey.

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. :D Looks like your query timed out. I'll post the message there. I think the best answer I'll get will be send to Canon. :(

Tried doing a factory reset to it ? may solve the problem.... though only time ive seen error 99 on a cannon is when an incorrect lens is being used on it..

Factory reset? Where's that option?

Open the battery cover and take out the small round battery found somewhere within.

At least you'll find Fixations turnaround is fairly quick ;)

what camera is this with?

How much is it costing? Or is it a warranty repair?

Fixation are very good I used them when I lived down in London.

I've used them before for my 10D when the shutter died. I know they'll do a good job, just annoying having to send it away.

Like I said in the opening post, different lenses and no lenses.

no idea Pete, I get once this Err99 just with a old 75-300mm on my 20D, and it was a Focusing problem, if the lens was un MF there was no problem, if I turn on the AF, Err99.

Have you try cleaning the contacts of the camera to the lens?

Tried. Its now on its way to get repaired at Fixation. I might get it back in time for Easter, or just after. Thankfully I have the 10D and nothing major to shoot requiring 2 bodies.

Peteme, I just got my 350 back from getting fixed(Error 99 second time,cleaning sensors and upgraded firmware)I need a camera that works all the time.Missed out on alot of good days shooting(stuck in house)So sometime this year I will be getting another Canon and use the 350 as backup.Wish you all the best. Sean

Camera's back from Fixation. The repair took just under 2 weeks, with Easter in the middle. They replaced the shutter, did a sensor clean, general clean and shined the alloys. They didn't mention what caused it, just that the shutter needed replacing.

Did you warn them my sensor glass will be coming in soon? LOL

Glad you found them reliable, and are now all sorted.

Back