Sarcoscypha coccine

Just Dave

In Memoriam
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

First signs that Spring is here, I found a Scarlet Elf Cup Fungi (Sarcoscypha coccine) today at Birkacre Chorley, C+C Welcome, thanks for looking

4350546149_cfecdcd87c_o.jpg

Dave

Last edited:
Very nice image in more ways than one but personally would have liked to see it from more angles...never seen this stuff in my life.

Ewww! :puke:

Apparently it's uncertain whether it's safe to eat. Don't think I'll be finding out any time soon!

Nice pics though.. love the deep saturated colours inside :)

A.

Anorakus

The species is said to be edible, or inedible, depending on the author. Its insubstantial fruit body and low numbers does not make it particularly suitable for the table. So I dont think Id try them LOL

Interesting shot!

However, the shots not one of your best - I'm not quite sure why, but I think the things that are a bit "not quite right"[?!?] are:
1) Bit too much space left and right to my eye - have you tried going square rather than keeping aspect ratio?
2) [This may be my monitor/eyes...] The lower ones seem a bit soft - are they being killed off by too tight a DoF?
3) It would have been nice to see slightly more of the side of one of them - there's no real shadows in the picture to define them

Criticism aside [hopefully "elf"-ful ;)] it's a good spot of a very colourful little fungus!

Thanks very much Nigel for your comments, I will be going back so I will take my tripod, and take into account your comments, forgot to mention that the biggest of the fungi is less than half an inch at the widest part, taken with my kit lens

Thanks again (y)

Dave

Here the clip of my photo on TV

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rwtSltkff48&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rwtSltkff48&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​

Dave

Saw this in the bump thread.
I would crop a bit of both sides and also get rid of the green in the top left corner, it keeps pulling my eye away from the funghi.

I couldn't view the movie, but it might be some firewall restriction as I'm at work. I'll try again at home. ;o)

Back