BP Saltend, Night Time ...... HDR Alert ......

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Had to work this friday afternoon, so couldnt go for my usual "church" visit, so for a change, at the last minute, I decided to pay our local refinery a visit.

It was really cold and very windy, and I think I got there a bit too early really, but better than too late. Took quite a few sets of shots to make sure I got "the look" I was after.

Pentax K7
Sigma 17-70
Sigma 105
5 shot brackets
Photomatix
Lightroom
Paint Shop Pro

I think the Bigger Images are worth viewing ( I may be biased though)

4353601005_98c6090d11_o.jpg

Bigger image here .... http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2718/4353604613_13ee869e43_b.jpg

4354344002_16ede88299_o.jpg

Bigger image here .... http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4037/4353597601_666262e694_b.jpg

4354346462_468e03d13e_o.jpg

Bigger image here .... http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4054/4354346160_888ed5b1f2_b.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to look.

Dave ....

I like all three trouble is I'm finding it hard to work out which one i like the most:)

No obvious HDR, just very good optimisation of image. Nicely done with the processing and composition. Cloud motion in the first is superb

very nice set, liking number 3 the most. something about the turquoise blue against the darker sky (y)

Really like them, HDR really suits

That works well imo,something different (y)

I like all three trouble is I'm finding it hard to work out which one i like the most:)

No obvious HDR, just very good optimisation of image. Nicely done with the processing and composition. Cloud motion in the first is superb

very nice set, liking number 3 the most. something about the turquoise blue against the darker sky (y)

I really like those - they look great. Well done chap :clap:

Thank you all for your positive comments, especially about the quality of the PP, I am just starting to get my head round the ins and outs of this quite complicated (for me anyway) side of photography.

Dave ....

Wow, really good Dave! Love number 3 especially!

I need to have a go with HDR... I've never done it.

Great shots, number 2 for me as the lights bring out loads of the detail in the pipework, and the sky gives it a dirty industrial feel too :)

That first one is beautiful, I mean really that is a picture and a half.

Number 1 for me. All are great shots, but the first I like best because of the clouds and the flame.

Photomatix is a great way of creating these images, and ever so easy if you have the Lightroom export plug-in too.

Nice work (y)

Wow, really good Dave! Love number 3 especially!

I need to have a go with HDR... I've never done it.

Great shots, number 2 for me as the lights bring out loads of the detail in the pipework, and the sky gives it a dirty industrial feel too :)

That first one is beautiful, I mean really that is a picture and a half.

Number 1 for me. All are great shots, but the first I like best because of the clouds and the flame.

Photomatix is a great way of creating these images, and ever so easy if you have the Lightroom export plug-in too.

Nice work (y)

Again, really appreciate all the positive comments, makes you feel as if you are at least improving a bit..................... WELL HAPPY ...............:love:

Dave ....

Last edited:
I'll buck the trend and say no.2 is best. Very sinister and the chimneys dominating the shot work really well for me. Love it.

any

That was next on my list, a visit to BP :) , might try a different view point than yours and see how it goes.

Really like these Dave, maybe 2 for me but i do like the smoke in the last one,looks ghostly.

(y)

Back