Help! Nikon D40 viewfinder fault?

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Just wondered if anyone has come across this before,a good friend of mine has a Nikon D40 which the viewfinder display has changed to strange symbols instead of the usual numbers & letters,so he can't see what the camera settings are!
He says the camera takes photos normally apart from this but as you can imagine it's quite annoying for him,any ideas? :thinking:
Thanks
Pete

Has he by any chance been messing with the menu's & changed the language settings ?

Toonie

Has he by any chance been messing with the menu's & changed the language settings ?

Toonie
Well,that was my 1st thought but he says it's not like another language.....just random symbols :shrug:

Page 108 of his manual will tell him where to find the Reset switch. That might solve the problem - definitely worth a try, anyway.

Just wondered if anyone has come across this before,a good friend of mine has a Nikon D40 which the viewfinder display has changed to strange symbols instead of the usual numbers & letters,so he can't see what the camera settings are!
He says the camera takes photos normally apart from this but as you can imagine it's quite annoying for him,any ideas? :thinking:
Thanks
Pete

My Oly E3 has just gone the same way, failed on Sunday, I tried all the usual reset stuff, powering up and down, removing the battery, changing the battery etc but no good it's still the same.
For me I am sending it back to Oly for warranty repair so I suspect your friends camera will have to go back for repair too.

Paul

Page 108 of his manual will tell him where to find the Reset switch. That might solve the problem - definitely worth a try, anyway.

Thanks for that......but he has tried that one with no joy :thinking:

Back