RAF Holpton - Nuclear Bunker

Name
SJ
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Sorry not sure if this is the right board, feel free to move it.

I was fortunate enough to have a private tour of RAF Holpton a Semi Active underground Nuclear Bunker. We got to view the areas no longer used and it was like they literally put down their pens and left work, but like 30 years ago. Anyway photography was challenging my tripod broke and the lighting everywhere was quite unusual but was happy with a couple of shots.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0248.jpg

Really amazing place, reccommend to anyone
Rest of pictures here http://s469.photobucket.com/albums/rr54/Kit80DSLR/RAF%20HOLMPTON/

As always C&C very much welcome, I am a noob and learning

Sarah

wow.. you lucky gal!! i'd love to go and have a wander round there.. right up my street.
great shots too... loving the office stuff and i think the right choice of b/w.

how do you get to have a tour?

thanks, and yeah was amazing place. They do offer public tours thoughout the year but we had a private tour (I am an urbexer its best to invite us :LOL: ) which meant we got access to places the public dont and we were allowed to climb stuff etc. The brigadier James Fox was fantastic and really enthusiastic. Really worth the trip.

thanks, and yeah was amazing place. They do offer public tours thoughout the year but we had a private tour (I am an urbexer its best to invite us :LOL: ) which meant we got access to places the public dont and we were allowed to climb stuff etc. The brigadier James Fox was fantastic and really enthusiastic. Really worth the trip.

aha... even the MOD don't want to mess with the urbexers!! :bat:

exactly :p

I think the brigadier had a real understanding of what we are about, our passion and interest in these sites and our respect for them also. Also ability to climb stuff :LOL:

Thanks DM :)

Urbexer or Urbex is a term for Urban Exploration. I don't tend to post my exploration pictures here but basically it is someone who is interested in abandonded and derliect buildings for exploration. photography and often preservation purposes. We do tresspass but there is a famous motto..take nothing but pictures leave nothing but footprints. We don't damage or disrespect the site in anyway.

We didnt urbex this though we were invited by the MOD.

Back