BTCC Non Media.

nilagin

Daniel-san
Suspended / Banned
Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
BTCC Media Day from a non media side of the fence, even if we (Puddleduck, MScott, me and quite a few more of the public) did manage to get in the pitlane.:eek:

#1. Close up in the Aon Garage.
BTCC_Media_Day_2010_234.jpg

#2. Just incase you wondered what an LPG race car fuel tank looked like.
BTCC_Media_Day_2010_232.jpg

#3. Pit crew keep fit.
BTCC_Media_Day_2010_270.jpg

#4. Jordan, Orange looks orange but still not bright enough.
BTCC_Media_Day_2010_315.jpg

#5. Never posted a partial car crop action shot before, so here goes.
BTCC_Media_Day_2010_474.jpg

#6 To hell with it have another close one.
BTCC_Media_Day_2010_013.jpg

Don't respond just yet more to follow.

#7. Alex not Roddy,
BTCC_Media_Day_2010_019.jpg

#8. Holding out hope for a No.1
BTCC_Media_Day_2010_011.jpg

#9. A brace of Focii. (Shame about the advertising boards)
BTCC_Media_Day_2010_039.jpg

#10. Probably the best I got from this vantage point, perched uncomfortably on top of a concrete fence post on the start of the GP loop.
BTCC_Media_Day_2010_104.jpg

#11. Between the fences,
BTCC_Media_Day_2010_119.jpg

#12. Unashamedly another shot of a Focus.
BTCC_Media_Day_2010_135bs.jpg

If Your not overloaded with BTCC Media Day, I may be able to find some more.
I seemed to struggle to get into the groove properly this week. Not sure why. I think it's going to be hard to live up to the VW Golf shot I posted up last week.
Any way be brutal let me know where I may have gone wrong, what I can do to improve etc.
Cheers, Neil

Last edited:
you can def see an improvement over your old camera, but they are just a tiny bit oversharpened. Its a fine balance i know :)
Are you sharpening them in post processing? or in the camera?
not keen on the borders either, but thats personal taste :)

Nice set, once again proof you can take decent photos with a Bridge cam.

Crit: Some of the whites are blown, the motorbase car and a few of the focus shots, im not sure if this is the metering mode your using or what, the camera seems to produce better shots in the dull/overcast weather. The crop photos dont really work in my opinion, but they are sharp none the less.

7. is my pick of the bunch, a well executed pan that alot of DSLR guys would be very happy with.

I think i might have seen you taking the shot @ surtees, me and a friend walked through the marshal point and across the GP circuit, stopping briefly to take some shots.

you can def see an improvement over your old camera, but they are just a tiny bit oversharpened. Its a fine balance i know :)
Are you sharpening them in post processing? or in the camera?
not keen on the borders either, but thats personal taste :)

Cheers Gary
The sharpening is done pp when resizing, perhaps they were sharp enough when taken.:eek::eek::LOL: I'll have to check to see if the camera is set up for sharpening, not looked to be honest.:)
Border was just something different to try.
*Note to self forget borders.*

Nice set, once again proof you can take decent photos with a Bridge cam.

Crit: Some of the whites are blown, the motorbase car and a few of the focus shots, im not sure if this is the metering mode your using or what, the camera seems to produce better shots in the dull/overcast weather. The crop photos dont really work in my opinion, but they are sharp none the less.

7. is my pick of the bunch, a well executed pan that alot of DSLR guys would be very happy with.

I think i might have seen you taking the shot @ surtees, me and a friend walked through the marshal point and across the GP circuit, stopping briefly to take some shots.

Cheers Nick, I've noticed that with all my Panasonics, bright sunlight is a no no but I think this one is handling it ever so slightly. I keep meaning to see
if I can get filters for the camera.:bang:
If you saw someone in a Wolf leather jacket and grey spikey hair then yes that would have been me.

It still amazes me what you manage with that camera!

I agree with the comments above - some blown whites, the crops really don't work IMHO (and thats really subjective always)... Its surprising how little sun it takes before white things become hard to photograph and there were a lot of white things there. I think everyone struggled who didn't have filters... get some filters :D

BTW Those borders are nasty mate :(

You've surpassed yourself again Neil, a lovely set indeedy! (albeit enough has been said about the borders)...

The Focii pair is my pick from your track shots in this set, #1, the crop of the AON Focus in the garage is nicely shot, and your 'technique' to snap the LPG tank certainly had the desired effect (y) and, having freedom to wander around the pits in the afternoon was pretty cool!

Great to catch up with you at Brands mate, hopefully we'll get to see the ex-BTCC Mk2's at more than one event this year :)

Some nice stuff.

You'll most likely find the camera default will be a medium in camera sharpening, id turn it off completely if PPing them, and set colours to faithfull if you have it. Would look like evalative/or average metering to me, or does it do spot?

Still impressive most of the white can be retrieved in cs3, but those thing to me looking at the histogram are just tooooo white to get a proper exposure in the bright light,

Back