Posing group of 3,4,5,6 teenage girls. Ideas!!

Edit My Images
Yes
I have been asked to take some shots of a group of female friends. They want every combination of numbers from singles to whole group and everyrhing in between (2,3,4,5, etc). Age range I think will be 15-19 (ish).

Have done event pics of large groups but just with the usual flat lighting, one pose, for this need/want to be a bit more creative.

Have found a lot of posing guides etc for single and doubles but nothing for any more than that. Ideally want to shoot formal as well as fun shots for each combination.

Any suggestions of where to look online, or examples would be welcome.

Have a combination of Bowens and Interfit lights, softbox, umbrellas, grids and a hilite. Will want to use the Hilite but also a cloth backdrop.

Thanks

Have you looked a google images? 'Teenagers group studio' comes up with a few.

- All in a line laying down, resting on elbows
- All in a line - facing camera, facing left looking at camera, chatting with each other
- lying down all looking up at camera
- heads all together
- charlie's angel pose (may not be a final pick but it'll loosen them up)
- hugging
- ask them to smile, smile showing teeth, pout etc
- Just feet in shoes (for some reason some teenagers seem to love this at the moment)
- Take a step or ladder (or chair) and get some shots looking down on them, it works well.

It will depend what they are like on the day, if they are outgoing they will come up with some great stuff.

How do you plan to use the cloth and the Hilite?

Hope that helps!

Have you looked a google images? 'Teenagers group studio' comes up with a few.

- All in a line laying down, resting on elbows
- All in a line - facing camera, facing left looking at camera, chatting with each other
- lying down all looking up at camera
- heads all together
- charlie's angel pose (may not be a final pick but it'll loosen them up)
- hugging
- ask them to smile, smile showing teeth, pout etc
- Just feet in shoes (for some reason some teenagers seem to love this at the moment)
- Take a step or ladder (or chair) and get some shots looking down on them, it works well.

It will depend what they are like on the day, if they are outgoing they will come up with some great stuff.

How do you plan to use the cloth and the Hilite?

Hope that helps!

Thanks, very useful. Not quite sure what you mean by "How do you plan to use the cloth and the Hilite?"

Sorry! I meant do you plan to use the Hilite, stop and set up with a cloth backdrop. Or are you combing the Hilite and cloth in one studio set up. If so what colour cloth are you using?

Does that make more sense? I'm sleep deprived and can barely string a sentence together

Sorry! I meant do you plan to use the Hilite, stop and set up with a cloth backdrop. Or are you combing the Hilite and cloth in one studio set up. If so what colour cloth are you using?

Does that make more sense? I'm sleep deprived and can barely string a sentence together

Hopefully will have two backdrops set up so we can move between them.

Does no one ever take photos of single sex groups in a studio situation, or is there a rule about not sharing poses I should know about.

This is for a friends daughters birthday present so not a commercial earner but I am intrigued as to whether it is the former, in which case it may be a untapped market (or just a lousy idea), if its the latter then I apologise for asking.

let them have some input...they are the ones that read teen mags

try standing on a step ladder. girls llying on the floor like flower petals. heads touching, legs out in a circle. if you understand what i mean.
shoot waist upwards ish.from as close to verticaly above as you can manage
weve done it a few times. got a lot of apreciative comments.
shoot late on in the session when theyve chilled out a bit.

oh. we have a giant beanbag too. all of them laying face down on it looking slightly up into the camera works well.
possibly faces supported in hands, but not making hamster faces.
of course if they are teenage girls, be carefull of cleavage etc.
dont want upset parents.

Back