Barcelona Street Photography

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
I had a morning off in the Old Town this weekend, so I thought I would try my hand at something new.

2 and 4 are my favourites.

Do these work or should I give up now?

IMG_5295.jpg

IMG_5305.jpg

IMG_5360.jpg

IMG_5364.jpg

IMG_5371.jpg

IMG_5373.jpg

#4 is great. Nice expression and composition. The hat takes the edge off that bright sunshine.
I think the shots of individuals work better than the groups.

#5 is the best here. More interesting expressions, and you have the shapes of the girls with their hands up, almost mimicking each other. Everyone in the frame has glasses on as well and it's a nice bit of framing with the two blokes peering over the bottom edge.

I think possibly you could've got something out of #6 with a more interesting framing concentrating on the people to the left of frame, but as it is, it feels too loose and a bit snap shotty.

The others, to me, are just shots of normal people in normal situations. Sorry.

Fantastic city, Barcelona, spent last year living there and absolutely loved it. I don't do street photography but I'll give you my opinions anyway:

1. Would go in the trash for me.
2. Nice lighting, possibly crop in a bit from the top left and add a vignette to draw attention to the subject.
3. Awkward expression, no me gusta (or should I say no m'agrada)
4. The pick of the bunch for me because it seems to be telling a story, strong expression and gesture and you also have context with the clarinet.
5. I like this one too although it bugs me that the woman behind is sharper than the subject... I think this would look good in B+W
6. Doesn't do anything for me, perhaps partly because there's not enough 'looking space' to the left.

I think you have a good eye, keep at it :)

OK I've taken on board some comments and found a couple of new ones. Are these any better?

IMG_5371a.jpg

IMG_5373a.jpg

IMG_5305a.jpg

IMG_5300.jpg

IMG_5359.jpg

IMG_5362.jpg

Don't be afraid of push the exposures a bit more, blown highlights in the background on street shots don't always mean a bad thing.

All could do with a sharpen, eye contact is not important but you must try and find some emotion.

Quite like the clarinet shot, neeed to darken the background a bit, make him stand out a bit more.

I'm maybe a bit late here, mate - but your best shot is of the old guy with the pipe and the walking stick on your website. Out of the top drawer, IMHO.

I'm maybe a bit late here, mate - but your best shot is of the old guy with the pipe and the walking stick on your website. Out of the top drawer, IMHO.

Thanks, yes that is one of my favs. From Pollenca, Majorca back in May this year.

IMG_6302.jpg

IMG_6270.jpg

Back