Review Lowepro Vertex 300 AW

Name
Kris
Edit My Images
Yes
Just bought one of these, so if anyone want further info on it, please reply and I will write something up.

Regards

Kris

vert2.jpg
vert1.jpg

Yes please. Reviews are always welcome by all TPF members.

That´s an awesome looking bag, a lot of space, practical and tidy at the same time. Might have to look at this a bit closer.. review away!

The mini trekker I have was starting to get a little strained with the ever growing kit that we all seem to gather as our hobby grows. While looking through the various websites and magazines I had set my mind on the Lowepro Nature trekker, but then I hear that Lowepro has brought out a new toy!

The shops had this Vertex 300 listed at around £200, but I managed to get it from a well known auction site for £163 including delivery to outside the UK.

When it got here, I thought I had gone a bit overboard in size, this thing is massive, but on closer inspection it appeared that I might be able to fill it, this becoming a personal challenge.

Very well built, chunky zips ( Rubber covered too ), cracking protection for your stuff, rain cover, shoulder straps cover, laptop bit (bit thin but slips in ok). sliplock bits on the side and front. Handy slim pockets on the very front is a good idea.

With kit in, it is heavy, but the well padded shoulder and waist belts hold it against the back well. For me it is more comfy than the mini trekker which sat too high.

A well thought out, and all together a top quality bag. If you need the size.

Questions ?

Rev.jpg

Does the tripod leg holder thing (bottom of the closed view, top of the thread) detach when not needed ?

Also what size laptop can you fit in ? Mine's a particularly chunky 17" dell e1705

28.7 cm x 39.4 x 4.1 cm

Any more photos from various views ?

Hello,

I'm seriously thinking about buyint the Vertex 200 AW. What worries me a bit though is the fact, that you put your laptop into that front department. if you attach a tripod, won't the movement damage your laptop?

greetz

sebastian

that's an impressive bag, how sad is that :D

Hello,

I'm seriously thinking about buyint the Vertex 200 AW. What worries me a bit though is the fact, that you put your laptop into that front department. if you attach a tripod, won't the movement damage your laptop?

greetz

sebastian

I have the 200AW and its great. If your worried about damaging your laptop, you can attach your tripod to the left or right side of the bag instead. I recently added a MacBook Pro to mine and no damage with a tripod fitted to the front. A great bag with lots of room, yet small enough to be considered hand luggage on international flights :)

If your still interested, I could take a few pics so you can see what will fit inside a 200AW? The 300 size must be huge!

I am intreasted in the 200AW the 300 looks great but i think abit to expensive and buig. And 200notes i could buy alot of stuff for that.

Griffy woudl be nice if you did some shots of 200AW

I've been looking at these but again wouldn't want (or manage!) something as big as the 300AW - any insight into the 200 would be gratefully received from here too. :)

Back