CS5 Content Aware Fill test

Name
Dale
Edit My Images
Yes
I received my copy of CS5 today so I did a quick test on one of my usual wonky photos.

I straightened the image then used the new content aware fill tool and although the results are not always perfect in this case it almost is. I'm impressed anyway; at least I can carry on forgetting about level horizons for the time being anyway.

Pchtx.jpg

thats brilliant!

Love this function :D

Im guessing it wont work properly with detail, or if theres something in the way of the main subject of the photo, i.e a lamp post in front of a car

That is impressive. A couple of obvious duplications, but they'd be easy enough to do a quick bit of manual cloning on afterwards, looking good.

Not bad at all. As Adobe mentioned, and as the press conveniently neglected to highlight, it's a great timesaving start-point tool, not a one-click magic button.

nice shot too BTW, where is that?

From my random tests today I'd agree it will save time but it is not magic, you still have to do some little tweeks but its a hell of an improvement.
The photo is of Bamburgh Castle in Northumberland

This looks good and could be very useful for some photos i'm PPing at the moment, i wasn't aware of this tool, could you elaborate more on it's use's or point to somewhere that does, many thanks :)

And finally my first go at the new refine edge tool

s22vb.jpg

I love this new photoshop, does it seem quite memory hungry to you?
I found it seems to chew the hell out of any memory available?

I love this new photoshop, does it seem quite memory hungry to you?
I found it seems to chew the hell out of any memory available?

I've only used it for a couple of hours so I've not really noticed any memory problems also I've got 12gb of 1600mhz ram installed so I'd be worried if I did run short of memory :)

I love content aware fill!

This:

3837174471_a98a6c190e.jpg

becomes this:

4569321278_0294dbbe6e.jpg

Spot the cars!

4592222963_92a2bc62d2.jpg

Back