A Pre-Wedding Shoot Out (Central Oxford, Colleges, and University Park)

Name
Dat Le
Edit My Images
Yes
Guys, it's the first time I do a pre-wedding (or wedding related) shoot.

I found it's really hard doing portrait for 2 persons (esp. when they're new to *posing* and I'm new at this too.. :thinking:)
As a result, out of about 700+ photos on that day, here's almost all I got, so please feel free to C&C :bang::bang::bang:

Nikon D90 + 85mm 1.8D + SB400 (only for a very few).

1)
dsc6449.jpg

2)
dsc6553.jpg

3)
dsc6504.jpg

4)
dsc6887.jpg

5)
dsc6390o.jpg

Last edited:
Although there are a lot to digest it is a good set and I think you have done well especially as it was your first time.

On the whole, crisp and clean images, that 85mm looks a great lens and I wish you hadnt posted these as it is tempting me even more now.

Overall they seem to have too much saturation/contrast imo.

No.4 is spoilt with her hat brim
I really like number 5, good dof and really engaging for me. Pick of the bunch.
No.7 looks like his eyes are shut and not really sure about this one. Same with 14.
No.9 looks like a good image but is spoilt by people in background, quite distracting for me.
12 needs to be straight, but a nice idea
13 is a lovely one and up there with no.5 for me.

Am not sure what the significance of the red flowers is?

might be that red is considered a lucky colour by many asian countries.

Although there are a lot to digest it is a good set and I think you have done well especially as it was your first time.
Thanks mate, I'm really glad to hear that :D

might be that red is considered a lucky colour by many asian countries.
yes it is, and I think the red color should fit their outfit well (y)
(I'm not sure about Blue or Yellow though :thinking:)

On the whole, crisp and clean images, that 85mm looks a great lens and I wish you hadnt posted these as it is tempting me even more now.

Overall they seem to have too much saturation/contrast imo.

No.4 is spoilt with her hat brim
I really like number 5, good dof and really engaging for me. Pick of the bunch.
No.7 looks like his eyes are shut and not really sure about this one. Same with 14.
No.9 looks like a good image but is spoilt by people in background, quite distracting for me.
12 needs to be straight, but a nice idea
13 is a lovely one and up there with no.5 for me.

Thanks mate, got it off ebay for £230 last month and I've never actually tried it before...
There were a lot of people in central Oxford esp. on weekends...
It was almost impossible for us to find a place where there are no one else in the background :bang::bang::bang:
btw the phone booth is not straight... Don't know what I can do with it :(

Last edited:
Guys, it's the first time I do a pre-wedding shoot.

I found it's really hard doing portrait for 2 persons (esp. when they're new to *posing* and I'm new at this too.. :thinking:)

I think you have done a pretty good job of it to be honest :)

I do have slight concern over your opening statement that you find it hard to pose them because you have no experience and you are shooting their wedding? :eek:

Good luck with it and read up everything you can get your hands on about posing wedding couples and look at other pics for inspiration.

I think you have done a pretty good job of it to be honest :)

I do have slight concern over your opening statement that you find it hard to pose them because you have no experience and you are shooting their wedding? :eek:

Good luck with it and read up everything you can get your hands on about posing wedding couples and look at other pics for inspiration.

I'm only doing their pre-wedding shoot, they're friends of a closed friend of mine :naughty:, and they wanna do it in Oxford, and I'm the only one they know in Oxford that has a camera, so it's me then :wave:

Last edited:
To be honest you could easily go on to shoot a wedding should you choose to develop that way, you already have a lot of the skills you need so carry on shooting people would be my advice! ;)

thanks for your compliment mate (y)
yes, I always love shooting photos of people (y)

I think it's a great set, I would be pleased if you had taken them for me.

I think you dod a good job on these using DOF to good affect and creating some different images.

However - watch out for wheely bins and wonky phone boxes :)

Again, thanks for all of your comments, guys (y)

btw, is it a good idea doing this:

dsc6900r.jpg

or just keep it as this?

dsc6900q.jpg

Back