Some kit lens close ups from the garden

SarahLee

TPer Emerita
Name
Sarah
Edit My Images
No
A few insect shots that I grabbed today whilst trying to get some bee in flight action.
It's only the last 2 weeks that I've actually tried out insect photography, but I'm actually starting to really enjoy it.

As suggested in the title, I don't have a dedicated macro lens. These were shot with the Canon 18-55mm kit lens . . . I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality and by how close up I could focus with it. Although clearly not as good as a dedicated macro I think the shots are of acceptable quality - the biggest issue right now is my own ability. So any C&C is greatly appreciated . . . I can see me starting to get more into it over the rest of the Summer and need to improve.

Don't worry - you can say what you think, I'm very thick skinned.

These are very good considering you only had a kit lens (y) I suggest you get some cheap close up filters for your lens, they can produce some good results!

No.2's a nice shot(y) The first looks a bit over processed IMHO;)

These are very good considering you only had a kit lens (y) I suggest you get some cheap close up filters for your lens, they can produce some good results!

I agree, i have a 4x filter on my kit lens and waiting for a 10x, all my macro's are using this filter at 105mm so not too bad i dont think.

Thank you all !!!

I do have some of those cheap close up filters, but so far have only played around a bit with water droplets and the like. Not sure whether the image quality would be there for bugs, but there's only one way to find out I guess :LOL:

Didn't have them with me yesterday because I was mainly trying to get some bees in flight, and these were impulse shots while I had the opportunity.

Back