Tutorial The Rule Of Thirds.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
CT submitted a new resource:

The Rule Of Thirds. - The Rule Of Thirds.

We're influenced by The Rule Of Thirds (ROT) in many images pictures and paintings we look at, often without realizing it. What is it? Well it's basically a format for good composition used by artists and photographers. How it works is fairly simple, although there are two occasions as photographers when we can use it - the first being when we compose an image in the viewfinder - the second being when we crop a larger image, when we can often apply the ROT to achieve a more pleasing picture....

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one CT, well written, concise and it contains useful information. (y)

Nice one CT Thanks! (y) Very well explained for us plebs:D

:clap: (y)

Interesting reading, thanks for taking the time to stick that up.

Just subscribed to this thread for some reading tomorrow, is its getting late and everything is blury now!

Just subscribed to this thread for some reading tomorrow, is its getting late and everything is blury now!
Glad you did because it brought it to the new posts results and i read it. Excellent article, with superb images and credit to those who have put this into practice.

Thanks for putting this together CT, I found it very informative and will use this when I am composing images on the camera or using Lightroom.:clap:

Just had time to read it and i must say, very interesting indeed! Thanks for typing it up CT. Its things like this that help us new 'uns improve! :)

Thanks CT, as an inexperienced photographer this has been a great help to me, I am sure my camera has a gridline option on the lcd screen, time to switch it on & experiment.

Another thing learned from this site and only joined yesterday. Thanks :)

hey, nice info for the noobs to follow, a great guide that i will certainly be considering when composing my next shot

Yeah, I have to agree with the previous people, nice to know, especially for a beginner :) Top post ^_^

Good post. I've always wanted to know what that was and this is short and concise.

Thank you for taking the time to do this. I will certainly try to put this in to practise.

Neil

That is a very good guide CT (y)

Must think about that more now :p

Tony (y)

Someone actually reads this stuff?? :D

Thanks very much for the details and information CT

I've seen some damn good shots that don't follow " the rule of the thirds ".... Who's the first person who developed the rule of the thirds so i can give him a kick lol

If you don't know the rule you can't break it ;)

I think this tutorial is recommended reading for anyone new to photography as it will help an awful lot more shots than it will spoil.

Back