A few from Longleat

Joe T

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

Ladybird and I have just returned from a few days away in the West Country. As part of our little trip we took a visit to Longleat. We werent carrying much camera gear; the only lenses I had were the 18-70, 50mm and the 105 Macro. I thought it might be fun to shoot the whole day with just the 105!

In fact it was a lot of fun, and it was a great lens to do Longleat with!

The following are the results. All taken with D200 and Sigma 105mm F2.8 Macro. As is my custom none of the images are cropped, which as you can imagine makes framing and composition quite difficult! The deer and the Rhino were taken from the car; the others on foot.

Anyway, hope you enjoy!

DSC_1845-01a.jpg

DSC_1855-01a.jpg

3. This one is being fed by Ladybird from the car window!
DSC_1883-02a.jpg

DSC_1901-01a.jpg

DSC_1902-01a.jpg

6. Python being held by Ladybird!
DSC_1931-01a.jpg

7. Aint he cute!
DSC_1956-01a.jpg

DSC_1966-01a2.jpg

9. Eye I like to think I have an eye for detail!
DSC_1995-01a.jpg

Apart from the odd macro and portrait shot I hadnt really used this lens until this trip, and boy is it good!

Anyway C&C welcome as usual! Please bear in mind the comments I made above though, thanks! :)

Great series Joe. Really shows how useful that lens can be beyond macro.

You got some detail with the macro lens Joe..:)

Nice series.(y)

the otter is fantastic, good set generally i reckon

Hi Joe_T! LB didn't feed you to the lions obviously! :LOL:

But with animal portraits I always say the eyes have it, and these ones are all nice and sharp. :D

I especially like the snake because it disturbs Toto_Returns. ;) :D

Lovely shots Joe. That lens is a cracker. ;)

I can't see Joes pics!!! :bang: :bonk: :bang:

So, Joe!!! you were editing and posting before I got home :razz:

Have now posted some of mine, I forgive you as I won the golf!!! :D :LOL: (y)

Great Rhisoserous !
Love the expressions in 4 & 5
(y)

The "eye's" have it for me :p Sharp lens that but you have to be able to use it of course :)

the otter is fantastic, good set generally i reckon

Thanks muchly!

Hi Joe_T! LB didn't feed you to the lions obviously! :LOL:

But with animal portraits I always say the eyes have it, and these ones are all nice and sharp. :D

I especially like the snake because it disturbs Toto_Returns. ;) :D

Tee hee, not a fan of snakes is she not??

:agree: I usually try to challenge myself by taking only 1 lens out and making the most of it - makes you think more.

Agreed!

Lovely shots Joe. That lens is a cracker. ;)

It sure is! I even managed to cope with the relatively slow AF!

some nice sharp shots here Joe... bet you were pleased when you got home anfd saw them on your sceen
cheers Chris

Certainly was!

Great Rhisoserous !
Love the expressions in 4 & 5
(y)

Thanks!

The "eye's" have it for me :p Sharp lens that but you have to be able to use it of course :)

Agreed! I might show some 100% crops later! :p

Did you get a decent shot of Kate Humble?

Excellent set Joe. I can't add much to what has already been said. I esp like the otter (No8) (y). I too like using my macro lens for "non macro" work, it gives stunningly sharp results as you've proven here

Lovely set there Joe t, all tack sharp and great detail, that lens it pretty damn good (y)
Number one is my fav, nice portrait and lovely detail been bought out on the rhinos skin.

Oh and you should really google Kate Humble, hubba hubba :love:

Very good series Joe especially as with a single lens and uncropped ... :clap: some good detail and lovely eye contact in them too ... (y)

The Ball Python is a cutey ... ;) ... looks just like mine ...
av1479qd.gif

And why'd you need a car for the Rhino m8 ... :thinking: ... they're almost blind aren't they ... :shrug:

:D

:p

great shots!

Lovely set there Joe t, all tack sharp and great detail, that lens it pretty damn good (y)
Number one is my fav, nice portrait and lovely detail been bought out on the rhinos skin.

Oh and you should really google Kate Humble, hubba hubba :love:

I did google, and I realised I know who she is. She doesnt do much for me though!

Very good series Joe especially as with a single lens and uncropped ... :clap: some good detail and lovely eye contact in them too ... (y)

Thanks (y)

Well you gotta say that really aintcha Joe ...
15_9_16.gif

... know what I mean ...
girl_devil.gif

Tis true though, give me a brunette any day of the week!

NIce shots....love to see the saturation raised on No6

I see what you mean, but I didnt want to over-emphasize the pinkness of the hands.

Awesome shots.

It's series like these that I enjoy, because they aren't too far away from me and give inspiration to practice some decent snapping!

Great set, all excellent shots mate (y)

wow really nice - I especially like the 1st and 5th shots (number 5 has lovely oof blur and colour)

Back