RL does ISO 10,000

Gary Coyle

In Memoriam
Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Shot at last nights televised game last night in Featherstone, the lights there are among the worst in the country (Min ISO 3200-4000) so in the second half when it was total darkness i began to crank up the ISO with the following results. D3S with 300mm f/2.8

There is no heavy cropping with these, most of these just about filled the frame and were just straightened a little then cropped about 10-20%

1 ISO 6400

ff6.jpg

2 ISO 6400

ff5.jpg

3 ISO 6400

ff3.jpg

4 ISO 6400

ff4.jpg

5 ISO 8000

ff2.jpg

6 ISO 8000

ff1.jpg

Last edited:
RL is really not my game but these are great shots and wow the ISO is just amazing. Have you actively used any noise reduction? Are these output from LR ?

Some fantastic action shots there looked like a good game from those.

ISO looks great!

Some excellent shots and shows off the high ISO capabilities of the D3's
Mick

Is there any noise reduction applied to these, in camera or otherwise?

These were all shot high quality JPEG with in camera noise reduction set to "normal", i used active D lighting and set it to "high" to help with the harsh dark shadows you can get under poor floodlighting, they were edited with Elements 8

Cricky these make my bank balance nervous.

Why did they not just give the players candles???

What ss did you get down too?
nice pics too.

Cricky these make my bank balance nervous.

Why did they not just give the players candles???

What ss did you get down too?
nice pics too.

One thing i never do with the D3S is sacrifice shutter speed over noise, i like to shoot no lower than 1/500th to 1/640th and if that means upping the ISO then so be it

On certain parts of this ground if shooting at ISO 3200 you can drop to as low as 1/125th 1/250th in the corners which is no good at all.

As Craig Revel-Horwood would say

A-Maze-ing.

The D3S is a peach for shots like that... and the photographer's pretty bloomin' good too! :clap:

... and the photographer's pretty bloomin' good too! :clap:

I know that but I don't want to BIG him up too much - he uses a Nikon you know :LOL:

TOP SHOTS MATE ! and this is why nikon are better than cannon :) ISO is amazing !!!!!!!!!

Back