Annie & Roy - wedding

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are a few from yesterdays wedding at Chilston Park Hotel in Kent. Not as manay as usual as I was only there for about three hours to cover the ceremony and up to the meal.

More on the blog as always!

AnnieRoy-4.jpg

AnnieRoy-6.jpg

AnnieRoy-9.jpg

AnnieRoy-19.jpg

AnnieRoy-22.jpg

AnnieRoy-28.jpg

Love them .... and great ones on the blog too

Great stuff here, Colin.

Love the one with the chess pieces, and 4 is a cracker too.

great set - staircase is my fav.

Not seeing sauages here !

I really like these, the chess set is really unusual. I also like the autumnal tree colours in the last one.

All excellent, Colin - what lighting did you use for 4?

Not seeing sauages here !

I really like these, the chess set is really unusual. I also like the autumnal tree colours in the last one.

1,5 & 6 my old boss would have throttled me for the positions of the hands in these

1 Groom put left hand in pocket and hide right hand

5 Bride left hand behind the flowers and grooms hand gently ,side on, resting on her shoulder

6 Rest the grooms elbow in the brides hand so that it is side on and less obvious

A really good set, lighting is nice and bright and most of the shots look really relaxed; although not too sure about the chess one, nice image but unsure of the wedding/chess link.

Another fine set Colin, Love the ones on the Blog too, especially the B&W Treatment to the staircase shot! (y)

As for the "Sausages" comment earlier, Personally I think excessive hiding of hands hampers an image more than it benefits it. None of these images draw my eye to the hands, and even after reading the comment and suggestions I can't see any need for change. I especially like the positioning of the hands in #5 as they are. But thats why we love photography, everyone has their own preferences and opinions. :)

A lovely set apart from the positioning of the hands to many of them look like a bunch of sausages,try hiding them or putting them in a more elegant position next time

Sausages! :LOL: Thanks for the input.

All excellent, Colin - what lighting did you use for 4?

It was natural light coming in from the ceiling, unfortunately it really lit up the top half of the image (particularly the painting behind the B&G) and I had to apply quite a heavy vignette.

1,5 & 6 my old boss would have throttled me for the positions of the hands in these

1 Groom put left hand in pocket and hide right hand

5 Bride left hand behind the flowers and grooms hand gently ,side on, resting on her shoulder

6 Rest the grooms elbow in the brides hand so that it is side on and less obvious

Thanks. #1 was done deliberately like this. I wanted the three guys to have different poses and I also wanted an image with a bit of attitude, hence the positioning.

#5 was shot like this to show the rings.

#6 was a slight error as I wanted the bride to hold the grooms bicep as I believe it conveys quite a strong subliminal message i.e. this is my big, strong man. :D

Thanks for the feedback though, it is appreciated.

A really good set, lighting is nice and bright and most of the shots look really relaxed; although not too sure about the chess one, nice image but unsure of the wedding/chess link.

Thanks, I only had 15 minutes for the B&G shots (inside and out) and I thought the chess set would make for a different image. I'm not sure if you noticed but I positioned the king and queen in front of the bride and groom. :)

Another fine set Colin, Love the ones on the Blog too, especially the B&W Treatment to the staircase shot! (y)

As for the "Sausages" comment earlier, Personally I think excessive hiding of hands hampers an image more than it benefits it. None of these images draw my eye to the hands, and even after reading the comment and suggestions I can't see any need for change. I especially like the positioning of the hands in #5 as they are. But thats why we love photography, everyone has their own preferences and opinions. :)

Thanks Andrew. (y)

Back