I was so lucky

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
hi all
recently went to spurn point the weather was horrid so i decided not to bother but at last minute i change my mind and of i went !!
wet. wet wet and wet again was the word but just before i got back in car i saw a break in the cloud so i hung around a bit longer !
and this is what happened
I,m really pleased with them however im always keen to learn so if anyone can pull them apart i would be grateful or some tips to get better

thanks for you time
15Sep2010_lightagain4431coprright.jpg

15Sep2010_4521copyright.jpg

is that fact i shot iso 400 by accident a problem !!

Last edited:
I'd sharpen them both more for web size, but they both have fantastic colours and comp.

I'd sharpen them both more for web size, but they both have fantastic colours and comp.

hi thanks sorry how do i do that? (web size)
is sharpening for any size !
sorry if questions are deft !

1st one looks like the field behind the lighthouse is on fire! Awesome shot.

I think the exposure on the land/lighthouse in #1 needs lifting slightly, and vice-versa in #2, which needs the sky darkening a tad. The grass on the skyline looks a bit soft - maybe to do with the sharpening or the resolution you have posted at.

Very dramatic sky, quite Turneresque in #1. Clever (or maybe lucky) how the sky behind the lighthouse makes it look as though the light is amost 'cartoon' flashing.

Just a little more work in PP and you will have two superb images.

I think the exposure on the land/lighthouse in #1 needs lifting slightly, and vice-versa in #2, which needs the sky darkening a tad. The grass on the skyline looks a bit soft - maybe to do with the sharpening or the resolution you have posted at.

Very dramatic sky, quite Turneresque in #1. Clever (or maybe lucky) how the sky behind the lighthouse makes it look as though the light is amost 'cartoon' flashing.

I was there for ages, i must of took 200 shots everything i saw was what i wanted,then it just got better and better i think it was my best hour - spent in since started 18 months ago

thanks for that i think your right i have already done that but im finding it hard to get the images i see and the image posted the same ,if that makes sense
i know i need to get monitor calibrated but haven got the funds yet, i have got some shoots at the printers now so i can compeer all 3 when they get back,

I'm no pro, but I agree with horrocks.

Number two will be a really nice image if you can do that PP to it :)
Try uploading to somewhere like flickr rather than photobucket too as that may help with the quality upon upload a little.

I'm no pro, but I agree with horrocks.

Number two will be a really nice image if you can do that PP to it :)
Try uploading to somewhere like flickr rather than photobucket too as that may help with the quality upon upload a little.

ill try that thank you for your comments (y)

Had many a day out lately and weathers been horid, but this has turned out great for you and i am please, great colours nice images well done

ill always go now instead of talking myself out of it !!!
thanks for comments (y)

Just a little more work in PP and you will have two superb images.

im having ago at it now will post hopfully later
thanks for comments and advise (y)

well after all your input i went to work on a bit of pp
i think i might of gone over the top a bit lol:LOL:

15Sep2010_4515copy.jpg

i hope this turn out ok on your pc's displays

The edit - over the top possibly, or maybe even probably, but certainly pretty stunning whicheverway! Amazing difference.

Interesting the comments that have been posted here, since and including my own, and those I have just made on my 'Abandoned Airfield' thread relating to the slight softness with Photobucket.

Aren't there some privacy issues with Flikr though?

The edit - over the top possibly, or maybe even probably, but certainly pretty stunning whicheverway! Amazing difference.

Interesting the comments that have been posted here, since and including my own, and those I have just made on my 'Abandoned Airfield' thread relating to the slight softness with Photobucket.

Aren't there some privacy issues with Flikr though?

your right on both counts it so hard not to get carried away when doing pp because i have done the one above for web posting but it is too much but if i fine the middle ground between the 2 ill be happy

thanks for comments
as for flicker !!! don't know !

both very nice:

I prefer the sky in the first one - much better colors

and the foreground in the second one is more interesting but this is not to say first one has a bad foreground (y)

I think the light is magnificent at sunset/sunrise right after a storm (y)

I had the experience once and it is definitely worth getting wet.

I really like no. 2,
we went there the other year for a walk and it was just terrible.
a very dull wet day :-(

Back