Snowdon Horseshoe

Name
Julian
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a cracking day on the Snowdon Horseshoe yesterday. Loads of pics to sort through but in the meantime here's a 2 shot pano of the Horseshoe, taken from the Horns approach. Taken on a GF1/14-45mm combo (my new mountain camera of choice) and stuck together in Autostich

5025047795_084e9c7af8_b.jpg

Cheers. Yeah, you're right about the fence. Shall work on it when I get chance.

What a lovely picture, the GF1 with the 14-45mm lens is just superb

Yes agree take the fence out, I did not see it at first until I scrolled to the right on my screen

I would had that on my wall,very nice,but i think the fence on r/h side leads your eye nowhere ,imo i would takeit out/crop,as the water takes you in ,thank you

I agree with that. Very appealling shot.
I have a thing about man made features in landscapes. Most times I prefer them not to be there.

Hi Julian
That looks very nice indeed.
Agree about making the fence disappear.
Also think the sky is a little bright. I had a wee experiment and selected sky, expanded it by 20 pixel and feathered by 20 (Worked for this size) and then pulled it down a little in curves and thought the result improved it.

The lighting yesterday was probably the best we've had all year in Snowdonia, shame I couldn't get out in it:bang:

I think you've got a great photo here, just needs a slight tweak or two, I too think the shadows are just a tad too dark

Simon

yep nice landscape, shame there wasnt some more light on the foreground but still doesnt make it bad, very sharp also

Cheers for the comments everyone. The fence is a goner when I get chance. Tonality of the shot is by choice - I just prefer it with the slightly dark foreground.

Here's a few others from later in the day:

5025241969_8960fe5f22_b.jpg

5025858860_9bdf235d3a_b.jpg

5025859058_4289ff5d36_b.jpg

5025244713_a48a33bee6_b.jpg

5025245623_a4037fa56a_b.jpg

lovely set, but my favorite is still the panorama in your first post (y) would look good on a wall.

Yes, all good, but No1 hits the spot for me.
Glad the fence has gone.

Love the original pano, looks great in that format. With regards to the dark foreground, depending on what software you have, you might be able to open up the shadow tones and brighten it up a bit, as it feels a bit dark in places, but it's a great shot nonetheless.

Back