TP Day 2010 - The Showcase!

smooth

Threebrows
Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I present to you the TP Day 2010 Showcase!

I would like to say a few quick thank you's if I may:
Dave, (Just Dave) - for putting together a slick and professional opening sequence to the showcase - dude you truly rock and have an amazing amount of patience with me chopping and changing every minute. The end result gives it the perfect start.

To the all staff of TP - I am fairly sure that throughout the project I have spoken to each and every one of you!! :D Thank you all for your assistance and most of all for running THE finest photography forum.

To each and every member who took part and supported the project - I am in awe of the quality of images we got, and the amount of effort that went in around the world and clock! You all should be immensely proud - it has been my pleasure to get to see and put together this show.

I hope you all enjoy!

In the end I decided the music choice should be your own, so stick on a playlist of your favorite tunes, sit back, relax, and enjoy....

Last edited:
:clap:

That is brilliant. Everyone who took part....give yourselves a pat on the back.

Matt, give yourself an extra one. Thanks very much from me personally for doing this, and the rest of us in TP Towers, you've done a cracking job of getting the community together for this (y)

Cheers.

Matt, your dedication to this has been outstanding and it's certainly been worth it. Well done matey, have a couple of days off then you can start on next year's. :D :exit:

You took your time, didn't you :naughty:

Off to watch it now :D

Chris

That was excellent Matt thank you :clap:

Bloody tired so only one quick look but will be back to look again tomorrow. Needs a soundtrack ;)

Have to add that as good as the submissions were, they look 10 times better in a slideshow :)

not bad not bad......

I am sure it will be an absolute stunning tribute to the TPers who took part and the tremendous effort put in on our behalf by the dedication of Mr Matt SMOOTHedit Cooper... :ty:

Only I can't see it on my iPad for some reason so I've got to get the Air out of mothballs... :eek:

:p

absolutely stunning

a credit to you and all those who participated

thank you ...!!

well done Matt! that must have taken a huge amount of work, what a pleasure to see so many great images, thank you :)

100% genuine question - is there music to it, or is my pc sort of dead.............

Super stuff, I don't really want to single any particular one out but I must say that the one by Dogfish Magnet is simply a beaut.

Pat on the back for Matt (and just dave)

Great outcome from a Great idea......

Well done everyone who contributed and Matt for pulling it all together (y)

Absolutely brilliant :clap:

A huge Thank you for all those involved in putting it together, time and effort and makes me very very proud to be part of it.

Can we make it a prominent place so we don't have to search for it? and when I am down or things are not going right, I will look at this at it will just give me the hope and ispiration that one needs from time to time. :)

I set mine to "Everbody Hurts" which is one of my favourite songs and it really fitted the bill and I will admit it, it bought a lump to my throat. :crying:

I know a softy at heart, :shrug: but hey, we are all allowed to be arn't we? :shrug: but spot on, great peices of work by all. (y)

Quality work, Matt. You must be super chuffed with the results! There are some cracking shots in here all of which provide a real insight into the diversity of the TP membership.

Spooks

Edit: I have used Photograph by Jamie Cullum, Photograph by Natalie Merchant and The Collection by Marillion - I thought all three were apt.

Last edited:
Excellent stuff, well done to all involved and especially to Matt and Dave.

'Perfect Day' by Lou Reed comes to my mind for the music :)

Brilliant job Matt :) the end result shows that your commitment to this project has all been worthwhile. Good on you Sir :clap:

Worked out really well.
Nice job from the background team - Well done lads!
Agree with Cannon-toggers re music suggestion.
Oh... and well done all tog involved√

Absolutely brilliant. Thanks Matt and Dave for such commitment seeing the project through to this conclusion. :clap: Just need some large screens in public places to advertise a great photography site.

I opted for 'Run with the wolves' by The Prodigy. To say the two didn't really go is an understatement :LOL:. I went for some much more peaceful silence instead!

I did hear a rumour though that if you play it to "Dark Side of the Moon" some creepy stuff happens :D

Fantastic end result, well worth the effort so start planning next years :D
:clap:

Guys and Girls.

Thank you so much each and every one of you for your kind words. It really was a privilege for me to put it together and see all your fantastic images evolve into a collective piece.

I am sorry I am not replying to each and every one of you - I am utterly shattered as I was up till 0230 yesterday eve getting the final touches done. I am off to bed now but will respond to specifics in the morning.

Goodnight, and thank you for being such a fine bunch of people.

Matt x

Thanks to everyone invlolved in producing this, especially to Matt for your time and hard work. The end results are great. Well done to all the members who have taken part, there are some excellent pictures, and I'm proud to have been included. :clap::clap:

Matt, Dave, was just such a good idea! Loved being part of it. Whats next?
J x

Thank you Matt(y) and Dave(y)

I really did enjoy that, some superb images and a brilliant idea.

Well worth the effort good sir's:clap::clap:

Last edited:
That is brilliant. Everyone who took part....give yourselves a pat on the back.

Matt, give yourself an extra one. Thanks very much from me personally for doing this, and the rest of us in TP Towers, you've done a cracking job of getting the community together for this (y)

Cheers.

Thanks Marcel - it means a lot buddy. You hit the nail on the head for the community - we have such a fine bunch of people here - and I think the showcase shows a real collective.

Matt, your dedication to this has been outstanding and it's certainly been worth it. Well done matey, have a couple of days off then you can start on next year's. :D :exit:

:D Maybe Baby! We shall see. I need a fair few beers first! :LOL:

I am sure it will be an absolute stunning tribute to the TPers who took part and the tremendous effort put in on our behalf by the dedication of Mr Matt SMOOTHedit Cooper... :ty:

Only I can't see it on my iPad for some reason so I've got to get the Air out of mothballs... :eek:

Thanks Rog. I am going to try and sort a permanent gallery on TP for the images too so that they can be viewed on any device.

Absolutely brilliant :clap:

A huge Thank you for all those involved in putting it together, time and effort and makes me very very proud to be part of it.

Can we make it a prominent place so we don't have to search for it? and when I am down or things are not going right, I will look at this at it will just give me the hope and ispiration that one needs from time to time. :)

I know a softy at heart, :shrug: but hey, we are all allowed to be arn't we? :shrug: but spot on, great peices of work by all. (y)

Thank you for your kind words Nicki. This thread has been stickied for the time being, and I hope to have a gallery of the images on TP too - will keep you updated.

All of you who have posted.

Thank you for taking the time to watch the show and for your kind words. Keep up the awesome work of posting images across the site, making this place awesome, and inspire others to get out there and capture life!

Just had a look at the slideshow - WOW, there aren't half some clever people on here :)

Thanks for pulling this together Matt, it's really come out well (y)

This really aught to be linked on the home page... Show everyone else what they missed out on!

Thanks very much everyone for your kind words everyone, makes every hour spent on the intro worth it, (y)

It was a great pleasure to work with you Matt, brilliant idea to bring the community together :clap:

Thanks very much everyone for your kind words everyone, makes every hour spent on the intro worth it, (y)

It was a great pleasure to work with you Matt, brilliant idea to bring the community together :clap:

:LOL: And every hour emptying your PM inbox as I kept filling it up? :naughty:

Superb slideshow!

Fantastice effort by all! :clap:

Good stuff Dave and smooth! (y)

P.s Great image to end on! :)

P.ss Oh and a fantastic opening/introduction bit!

Last edited:
:D Thanks Guys!

I am really pleased that we got some shots that really signified the time of day too - gave it a real 'Day in the life' sort of feel I was aiming for.

Awesome work all. (y)

Back