Jessica Grace Born 1/10/10 - a 365 - Challenge complete!!!!

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
I've never done a 365 before but I think, with this lovely new subject I may end up doing one without trying.

I'll aim to take a photo every day but they may be uploaded in batches.

hopefully it'll be a good momento for her

day 0

Pregancy from 3 months to 9 months
by ShawWellPete, on Flickr

Day 1

4 hours after she was born

Jessica Grace Blandford 4 hours old

Day 2

Jessica - Day 2

Day 3

My mother in Law, Wendy was a dancer in the 60s. In 1965 her daughter,Danny, my sister in law was a baby model and was used on pampers packaging, the photo on the left is one of the original ones used. On the right is Wendy with her new Grandaughter, Jessica 45 yeras later. I took the new photo from memory of the original so didn't get the lighting quite right.

Wendy 1965 and 2010

Day 4

Jessica Day 4

More of these in this thread

Day 5

Jessica - Day 5

Last edited:
You have to do this.. and maybe even go beyond the year! It'd be fantastic to see grow! :)

Yeah, great idea, can't wait for the one where you take her picture when she brings her first boyfriend home..........happy days Pete.

Having been blessed with such a lovely subject....you just have to do this. It'll be worth it in the years to come.

How did you set up the baby in darkness pic? 5th down

Hi Riz, it was a single sb600 in a soft box, set to fairly low power just out of view to camera right, so very close to Jessica. I wore a dark sweater and stood in from of a black background. With the camera directly in front on timer. Focus was done with the afon switch ono a nappy on a light stand which I place on a point on the floor. I moved the light stand across and made sure her head was over the point and directly in line with the stand.

Post processing in lightroom, B&W conversion, upped contrast, sharpened and cropped.

Last edited:
Its something I plan to do when mine comes - you just have to do it (y)

Nice one, brilliant idea! I'm going to start the same thing straight away! :D

Congrats Pete, and a great set so far... great idea too

Awww - she's gorgeous! Congratulations! A wonderful start to your photographic record and it will be something to treasure in years to come.

Hi Riz, it was a single sb600 in a soft box, set to fairly low power just out of view to camera right, so very close to Jessica. I wore a dark sweater and stood in from of a black background. With the camera directly in front on timer. Focus was done with the afon switch ono a nappy on a light stand which I place on a point on the floor. I moved the light stand across and made sure her head was over the point and directly in line with the stand.

Post processing in lightroom, B&W conversion, upped contrast, sharpened and cropped.

sorted, nice . My wife is due in feb, will try it out. Cheers

pete, that's just such a beautiful shot!!!! the textures are superb and the composition is the perfect epitomy of early motherhood.

brilliant!!!! :)

Nice pictures, but dont forget to take one of you getting up at 3.30 in the morning with bottle in hand

Wonderful thread ShawWellPete! I love all the pics, day 7 is priceless!

I look forward too seeing the rest.

Congratulations xxx

these are gorgeous! thanks for posting, i think my favourite is the 'babe in arms' shot, dont like the harsh blackness coming into the hand though

so stunning though, these really will be treasured in years to come

Lovely pictures that you will treasure. I love the one of mum and Jessica laying on the bed ( day7). .Tell your wife I think she looks beautiful.

I wish I had lots of shots of my boys when they were babies.
Sue

Pete,

Jessica looks lovely - what you are doing will bring both you and your wife something to treasure in years to come.

Gary

Day 17

Back to work tomorrow so things get tricky, I'm going to continue taking a picture every day but I may upload a few at a time.

Jessica Day 17 by ShawWellPete, on Flickr

This is Jessica with her brother Christian. It is hard to believe that only 3 years ago this little monkey was given a 5% survival chance after his kidney tumur relapsed to a bone in his leg. We wondered at the time if we would end up with Henry, the oldest, as an only child and is one of the reasons we were keen to have a third. We now have two strapping healthy lads and a lovely little girl to boot. Life is good. :)

Christian and Henry by ShawWellPete, on Flickr

More details about Christian here.

Last edited:
Back