All your Colin McRae and Richard Burns photos

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi fellow talkists........

Post your pics of Colly with either Derek or Nicky, any year, any car......

And Richard and Robert, again, any year, any car......

Will start things off with 1992 Scottish at Knockhill, Colin and Derek have just completely outpaced Robbie Head and Campbell Roy and shot past down the inside the wrong way down into the bottom hairpin, on their way to a stage win for their almost record lap round the 'hill ( using the rallycourse section ) and a lead which was totally unassailable on this rally, they won every round of the champs and were begging for a full WRC campaign, the rest is history..................
tn_011.jpg

Tom

Last edited:
Nice shot, I have a few from the 90s and in 2000 as well - I'll dig out my prints and get them scanned when I have a spare hour. Perhaps we could include Richard Burns as well?

Hi

Not Colin McRae But Colin McRae Subaru Tribute Convoy 30-08-2008

Black 07 Subaru Impreza "Hawkeye" Lead Vehicle

Colin McRae Subaru Tribute Convoy At Charnock Richard Services

Dave

Nice shot, I have a few from the 90s and in 2000 as well - I'll dig out my prints and get them scanned when I have a spare hour. Perhaps we could include Richard Burns as well?

Thanks Dave, fantastic idea, I'll look out some of Burnsie.......

Tom

2831951622_bfe8575656_o.jpg

Found this old photo of the great man himself on a snowy RAC, can't remember the year.

It was pitch black and the car was flat out - notice Colin has about a quarter turn of opposite lock on at this point - the stage was dead straight.

I was standing about 5 ft back from the edge of the stage with prefocused (I hoped) T90 and flash.

Click! then about a week later in the darkroom I found I had a usable negative.

Those were the days

David
]

I did post these up a while back as part of a set of 80 rally shots. They are rather poor scans of some rather poor 22 year old slides but they are some nice early shots of Colin on the 88 Manx.

Scrutineering = hence the car is still intact

kk%20%28178%29.JPG

After a quick roll. I still remember this well; Colin had rolled on the previous stage & arrived into the service area flat out & pulled a handbrake turn into position next to the van. Feel very lucky to have seen him on that event. All the way whenever you saw him on a stage it was just balls out. Genius.

PICT0102.JPG

End of the event

PICT0201.JPG

Superb stuff. Right, I must dig out my old prints and get my scanner working!

2831951622_bfe8575656_o.jpg

Found this old photo of the great man himself on a snowy RAC, can't remember the year.

It was pitch black and the car was flat out - notice Colin has about a quarter turn of opposite lock on at this point - the stage was dead straight.

I was standing about 5 ft back from the edge of the stage with prefocused (I hoped) T90 and flash.

Click! then about a week later in the darkroom I found I had a usable negative.

Those were the days

David
]

That is just outstanding, not just for the photo, but for the story behind it as well.

such a great loss to the rallying world :( id love to of seen him on one of the stages

Just found this on my hard drive, taken at scrutineering on the Manx rally 1989. I don't recall what happened on this event, did he finish?

Edit :- DNF - Differential

David

Last edited:
Unfortunatly, I was not able to ever see the man himself but felt something very warm inside being at this special place with a special car on a special day.

DSC_0156.jpg

I remember him overtaking me on the motorway once about 12 years ago. Nice pictures your all posting

Great thread, brings a lump to the back of my throat. Grew up near Lanark and had many a good time with Colin, Alisdair, Robby and co (not forgetting my college friend Graham, RIP). My partner for the website has so much stuff on film that we are trying to get scanned in, will update the post in due course.
Slightly off topic but what aout a TP meet for McRae personal collection at Glasgow transport museum when it opens ...

Back