Whitby Goth Weekends 2011 Dates

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
Sorry if already mentioned.

A few TP's have commented how they weren't aware of the Whitby Goth Weeekend 'WGW' or hadnt realised it was on etc.

The weekend dates for 2011 have just been announced as: -

Spring 2011 – 25th to 27th March
&
Autumn 2011 – 4th to 7th November

http://wgw.topmum.co.uk/

One for the diary me thinks!!

There may well be more Goth weekends next year as another organiser is attempting to set up a rival event, no dates yet but looks likely to be April so may have double the opportunity!

As someone who attends the event as a punter rather than a photographer the alternate dates are 1st to the 4th April and Halloween weekend in October. The event in October is coinciding with the Bram Stoker International Film festival so there could be some other non-goth regalia there too.

I've seen photos from this and it looks fascinating and I wouldn't mind going.

Probably a really stupid question....but i'll ask anyway!

What is the flavour of the weekend? Is it music based? Festival? Clothing?

Whats the angle?

Thanks for the heads-up. Now I have relatives in Lancashire, it may be a goer this year.
Maybe enough interest for a TP bash?

Hmmmmmmmm I have had a notion to go to that event for some time now. Maybe next year will be the one.
How far is Helmesley from Whitby?

I've seen photos from this and it looks fascinating and I wouldn't mind going.

Probably a really stupid question....but i'll ask anyway!

What is the flavour of the weekend? Is it music based? Festival? Clothing?

Whats the angle?

Just Goths in general, last time I spent the afternoon there but I think on a night you can pay to get into bars/pubs and listen to live music.

Hmmmmmmmm I have had a notion to go to that event for some time now. Maybe next year will be the one.
How far is Helmesley from Whitby?

Helmsley to Whitby will take about 45mins.... it will then take you another 45minutes to get a park :)

Helmsley to Whitby will take about 45mins.... it will then take you another 45minutes to get a park :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you for that.
I have an old friend in Helmsley, be good to see him again. Might be an idea to do two things at the same weekend.:thinking:

Just Goths in general, last time I spent the afternoon there but I think on a night you can pay to get into bars/pubs and listen to live music.

Helmsley to Whitby will take about 45mins.... it will then take you another 45minutes to get a park :)

That sounds pretty god. Are there quite a few photographers in attendance?

Is anybody from TP organising a get together there?

Rosie

That sounds pretty god. Are there quite a few photographers in attendance?

Is anybody from TP organising a get together there?

Rosie

There are more photographers than seagulls!!

You just need to be a bit forward in asking the models to pose for you, otherwise you just get candids and no eye contact.

There was a few from TP last year but without knowing, so giving a time and landmark next time should get a few of us together.

Back