Canon batteries

Edit My Images
Yes
I am using a Canon 350 eos and the battery supplied seems to last for ever I think bout 600-700 shots, I took it on holiday in June and it was still going strong after at least 600.

The thing is, I am going on my first holiday abroad in September for a week and I am wondering just how long the battery will last and whether I will need to buy a spare, just in case the trouble is they are quite expensive but there are much cheaper ones offered by second party suppliers are these any good?

Thanks for your advice

NQ

I know some people on here swear by the cheaper versions, I personally have two of the Canon ones in my battery grip and it never seems to move from full. I think Pete has a link to some cheap batteries he uses...one sec will prod him on IRC

I have this pack. I often find the charge on them outlasts the charge on an official Canon. I've been using them for nearly a year without issue. 2 for £10. Well worth it.

Same as Pete bought 2 from 7dayshop for my 400D, can't tell the difference in performance between the 'branded' and 'non-branded'.

Thanks for the advice I can't find "my battery" the ND-2LH but they have some great prices on compact flash cards which I will definately need more off at least another 1GB!

Again same as above i use the 7dayshop ones in my 20D and neer had any bother, sam if not better performance than the original canon one

Any reason you can't take the charger with you?

Another one here using 7 day shop ones. Mine seem to go on forever - must have taken 2-3k shots since their last charge and in fact they took me by surprise by running out on me last Saturday.....they'd been on half power for so long I'd totally forgotten about it! As always though had a spare in the bag...!

Good thread. I have two canon batteries. I went to Australia begining of the year (with battery charger). One battery lasted a week, then I recharged, and used the second. I could have just managed 2 1/2 weeks on the two batteries, but I always had the spare just in case.

I have recently started to have a problem with my camera (20D) 'error 99' flashes in the display, and can't take a picture, or switch the camera off. Changed to my spare battery and the problem cleared. Also after a year of not heavy use, the earlier/oldest battery, seems to lose it's charge quite quickly, maybe before 200 shots. I don't keep looking at the screen on the back, that is 'off' most of the time and also I don't use IS much or onboard flash (external unit). So I will follow up pete's link and get some cheapys.

In conclusion, a pointless post really. No, really branded batteries may not be best.

Would agree with Pete here, the 7 day shop bats are great value, in fact just ordered anither 2, I always carry a couple of spares on a trip cause you never know and at that price is it worth taking the risk of running out of power then its :help: , you can't take pictures without power. :bonk:(y)

I bought some Sterlingtek batteries to use in my 30D grip and they just seem to go on for ever, about £16 delivered from the USA, took about a week to be delivered, I went for these as they came highly recommended on the web. The two I bought were 1800mah but I have just bought two more 2000mah from them so they should last even longer.

I agree with you. I have done a karate tournament last week and I took exactly 785photos with 1 standard canon 350D battery, and 1 set of regargable batteries in my 420 flash gun.

Back