Talk Loction - New York

Name
Jason
Edit My Images
Yes
As per my previous posts.
I am off to New York 15th Dec (the misses is going shopping).

On the off days when I can get out and use my camera, any places you would recommend to get some snaps.

I understand that some of you may think you will be coppied, which I suppose I will be, but I would be taking the photo my way.

So, any good locations.:clap:

Thanks

just about anywhere and everywhere, IMO probably the most photogenic city in the world ( and tell the missus probably the best shopping in the world as well) have a great time

You'll get a cracking view of down town Manhatten from Brooklyn Heights, definitely head up there on the metro. Very easy to walk back over the bridge from there as well.

To photograph the statue of Liberty do it from the Staten Island Ferry, much better view than getting up close by actually going to it, and what's more it's free to go on as many times as you like.

Definitely do Top of the Rock if you can, better view than from the Empire State Building in my opinion.

Central Park is HUGE and there's so much to photograph around there, try for a guided tour if you can get one.

Of course you can't forget Times Square at night. Although even during the day it's hugely impressive. There will be a hell of a lot of people around there though.

Really in New York you'll find amazing things to shoot simply by walking around, it's incredibly photogenic.

Definitely do Top of the Rock if you can, better view than from the Empire State Building in my opinion.

This. One benefit of the Top of the Rock, is that you get to see the empire state too! It's lovely at night.

Grand Central Station is fantastic too - stand on one of the balconys and get a long exposure shot of the bustle below.

The whole city is photogenic though.

I was there last year, but no camera.

I like the bridge location.

I have done the rock and empire, dont know if I am willing to pay the dosh just to photograph

Thanks

^ Its definitely worth the money for the Top of The Rock. I did it last Feb on an overcast day and the view was still amazing to take photos from.

When your on the staton island ferry get off first and turn the camera round.... there is a cracking shot of the bussle as everyone rushes off to be had...

I've been 3 times in the last ten years and I always go up the top of the rock... its amazing...

Im off again in April for two weeks! It's a special place for Mrs E and me... we got engaged there... luckily she has a dslr to and likes to tog too

Other places I would suggest that are a bit diff from the norm...

Inside the central library reading room...
Grenwich Village and SoHo...
Penn Station...
China Town and Canal St...
Inside a taxi looking out...
Union Square ...

Like everyone has said though... there is a photo on every st!

M

Back