Lee wide angle adaptor

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
How does it work with the standard / foundation holder, what's the difference between that and the standard mounting ring, can anyone explain please.

Last edited:
Lee recommend their wide angle adaptor for 24mm and wider, if that's what your question was?

Lee recommend their wide angle adaptor for 24mm and wider, if that's what your question was?

No sorry probably didn't explain well. What is the difference between the WA and standard adaptor ring I can only assume that it somehow allows the lens to protrude further into the holder but would like to know as I can't get to see one in the flesh so will have to buy on line and I like to know what I am buying. Oh and will it work on a Sigma 10 - 20

Hi Peter

I have just taken delivery of a Lee 77m WA for my new tokina 11-17mm. Got it from amazon. Just compared with my old 72mm Lee adaptor. Very similar just the WA is slightly bigger otherwise I can see no visable difference.

How does it work with the standard / foundation holder, what's the difference between that and the standard mounting ring, can anyone explain please.

Hi Peter,

Firstly the WA adaptor is made from some sort of alloy as opposed to plastic. This is because the thread that screws onto the lens filter thread is recessed into the WA adaptor as opposed to sitting proud on the Std adaptors. This allows the filter holder to sit about 5mm closer to the lens when using the WA adaptor.

This is done at the expense of an outer thread that would allow you to fit further screw on filters to the front of a Std adaptor but no such option exists when using the WA adaptor.

M.

Hi Peter,

Firstly the WA adaptor is made from some sort of alloy as opposed to plastic. This is because the thread that screws onto the lens filter thread is recessed into the WA adaptor as opposed to sitting proud on the Std adaptors. This allows the filter holder to sit about 5mm closer to the lens when using the WA adaptor.

This is done at the expense of an outer thread that would allow you to fit further screw on filters to the front of a Std adaptor but no such option exists when using the WA adaptor.

M.

Thanks for that.:clap:

I've ordered one this morning with a foundation kit - twice the price than the standard one, absolute rip off at £39 for an alloy ring but hey ho that applies to most of their stuff and nobody seems to have stock either.

I think you will need it for your Sigma 10-20mm. Otherwise you will see heavy vignetting in the corners, particularly if you use more than one filter.

I have WA one for my 24-70 on Full frame, and can still just about see it at 24mm. STD would be unusable.

Back