Linford Christie
Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
So then, a new year starts and it's time again for a new Photo52 :clap: :clap:

The 1st theme for 2011 is....

Accommodation

From next week the theme will be selected by SarahLee who has volunteered to run the challenge.

Fear not those 52ers who may enter their 3rd year before I send the bag off I will add the 52ers classic "GRUNGE" back in again :naughty:

I am a complete beginner and still on Auto, is it okay for me to join in too?

And we're off!
A bit of a toughie to start with this year, but old habits die hard. I'm already starting to think about what I could shoot for this if I was taking part this year :D

I am a complete beginner and still on Auto, is it okay for me to join in too?

Of course it is Sandie.
This is a great way to challenge yourself and learn new things whatever your ability level is (y)

And we're off!
A bit of a toughie to start with this year, but old habits die hard. I'm already starting to think about what I could shoot for this if I was taking part this year :D

Of course it is Sandie.
This is a great way to challenge yourself and learn new things whatever your ability level is (y)
nothing to stop you doing it aswell !!!!
have decided what I am gonna shoot and will make a start when the children have gone back to school .

And we're off!

So am I - but also feeling a bit smug having decided not to do it again. Schadenfreude, perhaps :LOL::LOL:

Stumped at number one. Although I have just had a idea while writing this. :)

I'm definately in for this 'un. Looks like a great challenge and it'll force me to think more about what i take photos of (obviously).

I am hoping this will give me the kick i need to start taking my camera out and about with me more often.

Accommodation it is then. I just need to get out and find that first shot then :D

As usual, plenty of ideas, from the most basic and common to a few macabre ideas too, but no confidence on how to technically get a good shot of any idea.

But, that's my reason for going for the 52 this year, to improve through taking and learning from mistakes.

I only have a little P&S, but Im going to give this a go as it will help me learn to think and be creative, and maybe even go past the auto setting..
Do I need to register, or just upload a photo..

Just re-read the instructions - I know what to do...

Last edited:
nothing to stop you doing it aswell !!!!
have decided what I am gonna shoot and will make a start when the children have gone back to school .

I feel like I need a break and change of scenery this year. I have a few other personal photography projects that I'm thinking about doing but if I start to miss this too much I might join in later in 2011.

I'm still intending dropping into the threads though to see what everybody else is shooting though. Accommodation should allow for some interesting interpretations.

....what chance having the following weeks word drawn out a bit earlier than the sunday evening to give us a bit more prep. time?

I always quite liked the Sunday draw because it gave me the work week to think about the theme and the following weekend to shoot.
I don't think we'll ever find a day that suits everybody's schedule, but how about a compromise and a Saturday afternoon / evening posting instead?

Hello All

New to this forum and just starting out in photography. 'Photo52' sounds like a great idea and im keen to give it a whirl... but how do we post the picture?

Another newbie here and will give it a go (or try to keep pace anyway).
Quite liked the thought of theSunday draw time but will work with whatever it is.
I know its not a competition, but ideally should one weeks pic post be in before the following weeks draw?

Also do you just post each weeks post onto your own thread from the week before?

Quite liked the thought of theSunday draw time but will work with whatever it is.
I know its not a competition, but ideally should one weeks pic post be in before the following weeks draw?

Also do you just post each weeks post onto your own thread from the week before?

Sorry, ust one more query.... I noted that there was a complete list for last years 52 posted early on in the year. Will this years complete list be shown over the next few days/weeks?

ok as i have decided to do the 52 challenge, just one question, where do i put my picture...???

Can I suggest a sticky thread of the themes for this year. A thread where no one puts any comments, and each week the new theme is added to the thread. It would be helpful to have them all in one place rather than having to look through the list of posts to find this weeks theme.
Or is it more useful to have individual posts like this so that people can add suggestions, helpful tips etc?

What do you think?

I already have a plan for this one but it was scuppered yesterday. I need natural light and am now back in work :( Will have to wait until the weekend.

My daughter is going to join in as well with her Sony DSC-W350. Have to get her to learn :D

Hi Ciaran.
If you want your photography week to run from Monday to Sunday that's fine - you set your own rules. I suspect that when thing settle down Sunday will become the regular posting day for most participants anyway.

You can take as long as you want to post your photograph (and a lot of people will fall behind at some point in the year either due to holidays or other commitments) but the ideal is to turn it around in a week so that you're ready to move onto the latest theme.

My thought with posting the theme on a Saturday evening was that it was one extra days thinking time for those that wanted it.

Can I suggest a sticky thread of the themes for this year. A thread where no one puts any comments, and each week the new theme is added to the thread. It would be helpful to have them all in one place rather than having to look through the list of posts to find this weeks theme.
Or is it more useful to have individual posts like this so that people can add suggestions, helpful tips etc?

What do you think?

Hi Tim.
This was suggested last year and I don't remember all of the reasons but the consensus was that people preferred a separate thread per theme so that they could have some discussion about it.

If you bookmark the "Competitions, Challenges and Inspiration" sub-forum the different weeks do tend to stand out quite easily once they're posted, so it shouldn't be hard to keep up with.

Ok I'm gonna give it a go as well. I would like to improve and do more with my photography this year. Might not be able to join in every week, but I will do my best though. This is actually a great way of getting to think of what to shoot and inspire.

Been thinking about this one for a bit now and i aint got a scooby, not giving up on week one so will have to find something.

Just remember that it's your own interpretation of the theme. It doesn't have to be literal and wherever the thought process takes you can't be right or wrong. Believe me there have been some very tenuous links in the past 2 years!!! :LOL:
Ultimately it's about inspiring you to go out and take a photograph or try something new - whether it's a brilliant interpretation or not is secondary, as long as it makes you get the camera out.

I haven't looked at any of the shots yet, but I'd be thinking along the lines of accomodation = house = home.
"home sweet home"; "home is where the heart is"; "home comforts"; "house warming"; "safe as houses".
Or maybe animal acccomodation - a glass fish bowl / a bird house?

I notice you've got a bike in your sig . . . Do you ride and where does your bike "live" when you're not riding it? There could be a shot there.

Loads of possible ways to look at this one, so don't give up yet (y)

Last edited:
I do ride a bike, thats me in my sig. it lives in a box trailer with my brothers bike. unfortunately my bike is in bits at the moment after i smashing it up in Almeria. been out tonight with a mate round salford so might have something there ill have a look tomorrow.

Im sure ill find something, determined to get out more this year.

Back