Neils photo52 Week 3 'STYLE' CROP ADDED

Well, after trying and failing with Quail eggs, I panicked and made this in 10 mins then spent an hour shooting it and an hour PP'ing it!!

Please take it easy, I dont have much time to read all the C&C!!!

Week 1 : Accommodation

5335298923_3ac736aa7b_b.jpg

Hi Neil,

it's a great idea and it made me smile too :)

It might improve a little if the subject was on one of the 1/3rd lines and perhaps angled slightly instead of 'flat on'?
It looks like you might have used on camera flash? I'm not sure the hard shadows don't bring the best out in your pic.

You have definitely got a brilliant idea on this theme, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the next step in your 52 :)

Maria
x

good idea, but as been said the lighting lets it down a touch (i'm not a big fan of onboard flash and would rather use long exposures instead!)

you-re deffo a play-do wizz!

Hi Neil,

Only 10 minutes to make? It would have taken me a lot longer :LOL: Can understand about the shooting and pp'ing, seems to take me a long time too.

Good take on the theme and love the colours you have used.

Have to agree about the wood floor being used as the base, would have suited a more cheerful one.

Look forward to seeing the rest of your 52.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Well done for taking up the challenge.

I like the colours on this but the background and camera angle have not enhanced this image.

A plain black backround with a lower camera angle would have made so much more of an interesting subject. A little play in pp would make the bright colours really pop as well.

Andy

Here is my Week 2. It is NEWcastle!! And the Millennium bridge that is relatively new compared to the Tyne Bridge (1928). No PP apart from an unavoidable shadow across the span in the foreground.

5354796351_cccd58e040_b.jpg

I do really like the way you've captured the bridge, but also agree on the idea of cropping out the barrier at the bottom.

No guys, this is straight from the Camera (except cloning out a small shadow on the span from a pole) Ill crop and see what its like!

I had a go and it looks even worse, the crop is too close to the bridge pivot!!

Never mind, trial and error I suppose, Ill know for next time!!

Last edited:
Well, after clutching at straws and 5 minutes before defeat, I snapped this one of my little girl in the bath, its called 'Freestyle Hairstyle'

5381933758_c0a65293be_b.jpg

I know her hand is distracting, but I tried cropping it off and she screamed! No, it looked silly, I tried cloning it and it was too obvious.

awww, bless her, she is a cutie!

I think some nice lighting could work wonders on this shot, but it's very cute and she is just lovely! :)

Maria
x

Hiya Neil,

Very cute indeed :) And I can associate with the hairsytle, pretty much what I wake up to every morning :LOL:

I think you have a very sweet image there, I would have perhaps just cropped to just above the grouting line. A bit more catchlight in the eyes would have have added to the image too.

Such an adorable photo, and one I am sure you will cherish.

BTW I like your tiles on the walls, they make an great background.

Cheers

Dawn :)

I like week 1 but agree that a different background and a different angle would improve it!

Week 2 I really like

week 3 is a lovely picture and she's very very sweet - but could do with a crop and a play with lighting. Have you tried just making it a head and shoulders type shot? Would also emphasise the hairstyle.

I would have cropped just above the line of the tyles. In that way, you've still got the shoulders and it looks very good. I like the hairstyle, very groovy (y)

have had a bit of a play with week 3 - I cropped it, played with colour balance as it had a very red cast - did a highpass filter and bit of dodging on her eyes and finally selected her teeth - dodged them slightly and did another colour balance as they were still quite red.

Oh I also used the cloning brush on the white streak above her head as in the cropped version this was distracting :)

Let me know if you want me to take this down.

babystyle.jpg

Back