rmmackfc's Photo 52 - Week 7 "Delicate" Added 18/02

Good interpretation of the theme - I like it (y)

I sat and looked round my office for something to take representing accommodation - never thought of this - so good on you for the interpretation

Also quite a nice shot with the DOF

Nice idea and shot. Was the OOF section straight from camera or created in photoshop?

Simple,clever,original. Certainly ticks the box.

Good idea for the theme and well shot and composed, My only suggestions would be crop a wee touch off the left hand side myself though to remove the grey blob at top and maybe have cleaned the keys first to remove dust etc or is it maybe a reflection on the right hand side of the home key?. Looking forward to rest of your 52. (y)

Good idea for the theme and well shot and composed, My only suggestions would be crop a wee touch off the left hand side myself though to remove the grey blob at top and maybe have cleaned the keys first to remove dust etc or is it maybe a reflection on the right hand side of the home key?. Looking forward to rest of your 52. (y)

Thanks for the feedback. I cleaned the keys with a baby wipe, but should probably have let them dry! LOL

"Style" for week 3 ... hmm this has got me stumped ... wonder if i could find my mums old style card, circa 1985!

Appreciate comments on my week 2 effort?

Last edited:
Not sure how I missed this, I think there are just far too many 52s!

That's a well composed shot that tells a great story about the sprog-to-be. you've got the little one him/herself in the the scan, the calendar with the due date highlighted (and the selective colour really works there), and the teddy to show the preparedness and affection waiting when they arrive. Technically it works well too, a great job all round - maybe the shadows on and around the teddy could be tidier, but that's just looking for something to pick on, since you asked.

Will be good to see what you come up with for week 3. :)

That's a nice well thought out shot there, would agree about the shadows around ted but overall, nice work (y)

Thanks guys for the comments. Totally agree regarding lighting. I was using my living room spot lights as I don't really have a good spot light as such or off camera flash. Something I need to invest in. Cheers!

Ok, really struggled this week, but I refuse (for now) to play a joker! Decided on my watch, then thought the pictures were boring. Not sure this is any better :LOL:, but these are my other half's favourite shoes... well one of them :D

Week 3 - Style

Love week 1's picture, most original :)

Week 2 Another original idea, all nice and sharp and good b/w conversion

Week 3 Hell they'd be my fav's too :D Don't get much more stylish than a pair of Loubous

A great start to your 52 with those three shots, number 2 is a great take on the theme.
My only comment for number 3 is that I would have liked the red material to have been pulled out tighter so that you can read the name better. Other than that it's well composed with great colours.
Good luck with week 4!

Like 3... but i'd have taken the time to ensure the dust bag was lain flat... the kinks and folds in it are distracting... Is the background white??? If so you maybe need to sort the white balance out... seems a bit yellow!

Also the whole thing about a Louboutin shoe is the red sole... I'd have made that more of a feature of the shot... maybe moving more down and right....

That said it's a great shot!

Thanks for all the comments guys!

Great minds think a like.
My week three was a pair of CL's too!

I like your week 2 shot.
The shodows are a bit distracting but the idea and composition is great.
Wish I'd thought of that a few years back.

Thanks. I agree lighting is an issue. Bought a couple of lamps this week so hopefully should help... I had been using the ceiling spots! :LOL:

A great start to your 52 with those three shots, number 2 is a great take on the theme.
My only comment for number 3 is that I would have liked the red material to have been pulled out tighter so that you can read the name better. Other than that it's well composed with great colours.
Good luck with week 4!

Agreed. I had actually taken this as my last shot and ended up going with it as the rest of the shots with the shoe on the box I had taken I thought were too plain. The bag needed an iron :D

Like 3... but i'd have taken the time to ensure the dust bag was lain flat... the kinks and folds in it are distracting... Is the background white??? If so you maybe need to sort the white balance out... seems a bit yellow!

Also the whole thing about a Louboutin shoe is the red sole... I'd have made that more of a feature of the shot... maybe moving more down and right....

That said it's a great shot!

Funny you mention the red sole, I had though about that. However they were a little "dance" worn :LOL:. I could have probably fixed it in photoshop in saying that.

Regarding the background, it is slightly off-white... back of a roll of wallpaper :help: Now have a proper backdrop going forward though for the rest of the 52.

Time was not on my side this week and I was also once again struggling for inspiration. Finally settled on the following. I "opened" a PIR sensor and took some shots of the switches which are either "open" or closed...

Week 4 - Open

Dip Switch Resized by rmmackfc, on Flickr

You are thinking outside the box well done Keep up the good work.

Great images. Really imaginative how you have linked them to the themes!
I wish i could think that much out of the box.

I am doing a personal 52, the link should be below if you interested in looking.

Sammy

Thanks for your feedback, enjoyed your pics so far and left my thoughts (y)

You are thinking outside the box well done Keep up the good work.

Here was me thinking I wasn't far enough outside the box :LOL: Thanks (y)

Like the idea for 'style' - great choice of colours. I might have gone for a slightly lower angle, with a tighter crop and maybe made more of the reflection in the leather.

Great shot for your 'new' entry - it really tells a story, and I like the concept behind 'open'.

Agree with the comments about thinking outside the box - keep it up

Spooks

Last edited:
Back