Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
I do....

http://BANNED/mbooth

(Although I could do with updating it more often I think).

Anyone else?

Oops
wrong account. Logged in to do some forums maintenance...lol

That was me BTW. Incase you hadn't guessed.

lmfao, could have been worse bod...

Ok so Twitter is basically a system that allows you to "twitter" little things about your life. Its essentially microblogging. The idea is that your mates all subscribe to your account and then you'll know what everyone is up to. Now the beauty is its not a "site" you have to use every 10 minutes like a forum. You can get 3rd party apps and widgets to make things easier. You can even do it via SMS. Its actually pretty cool. I can be out on a shoot and I could text how insane it is. I guess if you don't blog then you won't get the point. This is mine. Its not exactly hugely interesting. However, David Hewlett's is. For anyone that doesn't know he plays Rodney McKay on Stargate Atlantis. Its really cool to be able to read little fun things from an actor on a TV show you like. Thats a great use of the internet imho. Now aside from Twitter there's also Jaiku. This is basically Twitter + RSS feeds. So you can put in Flickr, Lastfm, Twitter, Wakoopa, and all sorts. Now you can go even one step more and use all this data for a Lifestream which is a sort of list of things you do. I'm sure its all wasted on you guys though :p

The only thing that twitters round here are the birds in the garden....usually followed by the sound of manic barking from two nice but dim Jack Russell terriers that haven't worked out they cannot catch birds and that the birds have worked out the same and are extracting the urine by sitting just out of JR jump height twittering. :LOL::LOL:

If people wanna know what I'm doing, then can subscribe to my twitter feed. Its free :p

Ok so Twitter is basically a system that allows you to "twitter" little things about your life. Its essentially microblogging. The idea is that your mates all subscribe to your account and then you'll know what everyone is up to. Now the beauty is its not a "site" you have to use every 10 minutes like a forum. You can get 3rd party apps and widgets to make things easier. You can even do it via SMS. Its actually pretty cool. I can be out on a shoot and I could text how insane it is. I guess if you don't blog then you won't get the point. This is mine. Its not exactly hugely interesting. However, David Hewlett's is. For anyone that doesn't know he plays Rodney McKay on Stargate Atlantis. Its really cool to be able to read little fun things from an actor on a TV show you like. Thats a great use of the internet imho. Now aside from Twitter there's also Jaiku. This is basically Twitter + RSS feeds. So you can put in Flickr, Lastfm, Twitter, Wakoopa, and all sorts. Now you can go even one step more and use all this data for a Lifestream which is a sort of list of things you do. I'm sure its all wasted on you guys though :p

Stargate Atlantis rocks :banana:

david hewlett is interesting, normally actor types keep off the net, so its nice to see him do that. JMS who writes(wrote)babylon5 is another who actually uses the net. He even replies to emails(i have no idea how i know this, i didnt email at all ever honest)

No favouritism here, i never read blogs or twitters or whatever you want to call them, dont care who they are.

;)

Is that because you don't have time or because you don't like "blogs"? Because there are so many blogs that aren't done by 10 yr old emo's documenting how dark the corner of their room is and that are a very interesting read.

Also JMS was great during B5 posting on usenet.

Is that because you don't have time or because you don't like "blogs"? Because there are so many blogs that aren't done by 10 yr old emo's documenting how dark the corner of their room is and that are a very interesting read.

Bit of both really, im not that voyeuristic that i need to know what other people are doing, to that degree.

Bit of both really, im not that voyeuristic that i need to know what other people are doing, to that degree.

That was my point. Blogs are wrapped up in a stereotype of kids posting every 15 seconds about what they're up to, when I don't read any of that and I have 201 feeds on my RSS reader. Daily photoblogs, Flickr blog, Moo cards blog, other photographers blogs, tech blogs, link blogs, Google's blog, friends blogs, Liverpool blogs so I know whats going on, and so on. If it wasn't for Art In Liverpool's blog I wouldn't have heard about anything happening in Liverpool that I can go out and photograph. I wouldn't have heard about exhibitions and gallery openings for things I'm into. Its 2007, and blogs can be used for so many things in so many ways.

I think I could enjoy reading photographer's blogs. What annoys me is when people have blogs or myspace accounts even when they don't have anything interesting to write, so they write a blog thinking someone cares, when no one really does. Sorry that sounded a bit fierce :LOL:

I think I could enjoy reading photographer's blogs. What annoys me is when people have blogs or myspace accounts even when they don't have anything interesting to write, so they write a blog thinking someone cares, when no one really does. Sorry that sounded a bit fierce :LOL:

Well you'll just have to accept that. Blogs like that have been around for over 6 years and they're not going away. No-one forces you to buy rubbish newspapers, so just ignore rubbish blogs. But just as there's good magazines theres good blogs. I've been blogging on and off since about 2000/01. There's now video blogs of which the best was a 1 year project called the show with zefrank. It was just brilliant. He never blinked during the whole episode. He even explains video blogging. Then of course there's podcasts. Audio blogs. You can get one for Battlestar Galatica which is like weekly directors commentary for free on each episode.

I think the conclusion of this thread is that petemc has too much time on his hands... :p

Ah well no thats not it at all :p You see every blog these days has an RSS feed, as do these forums. So everything is all done via my RSS reader. I only read the content when its published. I don't spend hours refreshing 200 sites for new nuggets of info. I can browse new content at my lesuire. So if I have some spare time I can catch up. If I don't, its all there waiting for me. Even these forums have RSS but I don't think anyone really uses them.

I have 201 feeds on my RSS reader. Daily photoblogs, Flickr blog, Moo cards blog, other photographers blogs, tech blogs, link blogs, Google's blog, friends blogs, Liverpool blogs so I know whats going on, and so on.

Great list there Pete, must go through that when I have time and nice to see I'm in your list :D

Oops
wrong account. Logged in to do some forums maintenance...lol

That was me BTW. Incase you hadn't guessed.

:shake:

You just shattered my illusion. I wanted to believe that Admin was a really hard working member that only lived in the news section of the forum and never came out to play, and looked a bit like an elf.:thumbsdown:

:shake:

You just shattered my illusion. I wanted to believe that Admin was a really hard working member that only lived in the news section of the forum and never came out to play, and looked a bit like an elf.:thumbsdown:

:eek: hes not??? :eek:

your going to tell me the easter bunny isnt real next arent you. i would remind you i have a hold of the ban button

The easter bunny was just your dad in a rabbit costume.

So was santa.

*Puts fingers in ears* I can't hear you! I can't hear you! I can't hear you! I can't hear you! I can't hear you! I can't hear you! :runaway:

It's OK mate. I've changed your title to give you a gentle reminder :)

In that case, tell your dad I'd like a word. He seems to be still owing me a bike from 1988.
And times clocking on a bit...

In that case, tell your dad I'd like a word. He seems to be still owing me a bike from 1988.
And times clocking on a bit...

Wasn't a blue BMX was it? Because I think I ended up with one of those in 1988. I suppose being Santa's son does have some benefits.(y)

:LOL: I dunno. I just asked for a bike, and got a penny whistle.

The easter bunny was just your dad in a rabbit costume.

So was santa.

Well that's clearly a lie - when did you last see a picture of Santa where he has long ears and a twitchy nose? Anyway - everyone knows that you leave the carrot out for Rudolph, santa has the choccy biccies and rabbits don't eat those....! :cautious:

Hmm thats a good point. I think I've been lied to somewhere.

Back