Tough Guy 2011 another set...

Edit My Images
No
Behind the scenes video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hchGoXh0ADw

The photos (apologies for the watermarks, I normally loathe them but got to be done this time for various reasons...):

Any thoughts, crit etc much appreciated :)

1Mr Mouse:
na3Rt.jpg

0wxYD.jpg

NDmUz.jpg

iDBda.jpg

0fal5.jpg

bNJIw.jpg

Last edited:
You've got some good stuff there, but you need to sort out the sizing of your portrait watermarks!! :LOL:

You've got some good stuff there, but you need to sort out the sizing of your portrait watermarks!! :LOL:

hah, I've not watermarked anything in ages, so just threw lightroom at it. I loathe the things, but needed here. The portrait ones, heh...it still makes it useless for other uses :)

I usually export in two separate batches, one per orientation for that exact reason if I'm stamping something.

I fully understand your reasons for them & the dislike as well!

Artistically I reckon that the last one is the pick of the bunch!*

*just to keep things on topic! :D

Artistically I reckon that the last one is the pick of the bunch!*

cheers... by that point, the sun was getting pretty strong and matching it with a decent amount of fill was getting tough, even with flash on a ttl cable. That particular shot was a reach down, spray and pray iirc.

The sun was very strong in the afternoon. I was by the warming fire and trying to get some contrast was bad

Great pics! These are making mine look a little sad, lol!

The sun was very strong in the afternoon. I was by the warming fire and trying to get some contrast was bad

yeah, absolute pain in the rear. We doubtless bumped into each other at some point... I was the guy wearing all black, who looked about 15, with a 300 2.8 over my shoulder at the start on the hill :)
Who were you shooting for?

Great pics! These are making mine look a little sad, lol!

I did have accreditation, so could shove my camera to places that you couldn't, in fairness :)

yeah, absolute pain in the rear. We doubtless bumped into each other at some point... I was the guy wearing all black, who looked about 15, with a 300 2.8 over my shoulder at the start on the hill :)
Who were you shooting for?

I did have accreditation, so could shove my camera to places that you couldn't, in fairness :)

I had accreditation any area press pass, I was working for myself. I was the 6'4" guy with a black leather 3/4 coat on. Oh and I look my age 44

Did you have a flash on a trigger wire?

What you, Mr Mouse and your 300mm got up to should remain confidential I reckon! :LOL:

what you see with Mr. Mouse screaming in the video, is him towing a tyre with a string tied to his penis. I wish I was joking.

Did you have a flash on a trigger wire?

yup. If you're shooting next year, get one - pretty useful for the underwater tunnels shots. Michael Reagan of getty nailed me for that shot mind, his one of the guy with the duck on his head, and the sun kiss perfectly. I was going more for the 'drag the shutter, water flying everywhere' shot :p

Last edited:
what you see with Mr. Mouse screaming in the video, his him towing a tyre with a string tied to his penis. I wish I was joking.

:LOL:

Anyway, seeing as we are all coming out now (so to speak!) here are a few toggers I snapped at the event, I wonder how many are on here?!

1 (ok I know, I focused on the post!!!)
Togs4.jpg

Togs1.jpg

Togs3.jpg

Togs2.jpg

Togs5.jpg

Last edited:
1 and 2, forget his name, working for Bucks Free Press.

Right hand side of 2 unless I am very much mistaken is Michael Reagan of Getty. I'll find a snap of him cleaning his splattered 14-24 with his hoodie in a minute, to make all the gear fetishists cry :D

got it:
yHXzW.jpg

1st one with a photo of me wins a twix*

*collection only
*you better hurry up. I'm hungry.

*edit: too late.

I got this pretty badass shot of my friend... :D

4geMAl.jpg

and he got one of me...

r1XfFl.jpg

Last edited:
Ouch!

All looks like good clean fun. If I were 30 years younger, I stiil wouldn't do it, they must be nuts :LOL::LOL:

In your other shots you captured a couple of mates of mine one being mike king. He's been voted sports photographer of the year half a dozen times. He's been all over the world covering world cups and olympics. You'll know his work the photo of maradonna kissing the world cup and many many others. He's not long got back from covering the antarctic marathon!

In your other shots you captured a couple of mates of mine one being mike king. He's been voted sports photographer of the year half a dozen times. He's been all over the world covering world cups and olympics. You'll know his work the photo of maradonna kissing the world cup and many many others. He's not long got back from covering the antarctic marathon!

pretty sure I bumped into him and shot beside him a fair bit last year too. Top shooter. Half of last year's The Big Picture album of tough guy was by him.

Last edited:
Back