Springtime Harvest

Edit My Images
Yes
These grow wild in a little wood near our house. Its one of the favorite places for our girls to play as it is full of different types of wild flowers most of the year....Plus a rope swing :)

5445053248_a7a0b66545_z.jpg

Last edited:
Well, you've bumped it to ask for crit, but I'm afraid I'm out of my league - I really like the sixties-esque processing, it suits the subject well. The composition is, IMO, perfect, and I'm only on the iPhone, but the image looks as sharp as you'd expect given the sixties feel. Not sure how to crit that? :shrug:

Good shot! :clap:

Sent from my iPhone using TP Forums

My first reaction was "aww" :) then I noticed the sparkly bokeh. It's a very contrasty and cheerful image. Beautiful!

Really nicely done. Just wondered what pp you used on this (assuming there was some) to get that sun drenched look. It's a look I really like and although I have some idea I joined TP to try and learn more.

Really nicely done. Just wondered what pp you used on this (assuming there was some) to get that sun drenched look. It's a look I really like and although I have some idea I joined TP to try and learn more.

Thanks for the comment and welcome to Talk Photography :)
Yes there was PP on this and to answer your question I used
a series of actions. These were photoshop actions and they were called
Springtime Vintage, Sun/Lens flare, and Pastels & Hazes.
All of these were used with layer mask's and had there opacities adjusted along with the Dodge & Burn tool.
I then went back into Lightroom and adjusted the color saturations, blacks ect....

I have done a before and after to give you a better idea.
I hope this helps :)

5448344518_2044fb77b2_z.jpg

Last edited:
wow, looks like a lot of PP! :) the results are awesome though!

Thanks!
Yeah it does seem like a lot but I only spent about 35 minutes on it.
A good cup of coffee and some music made it seem a lot quicker though.

Like the PP work, gonna bookmark and maybe give it a try sometime

Wow. I thought the posted image was nice pp, after an excellent image - I now see that you have used PP to astounding effect turning a frankly ordinary, but technically and compositionally good, shot into an absolute masterpiece - this may sound rather sycophantic, but I genuinely am very impressed - is this a day job by any chance?

Wow. I thought the posted image was nice pp, after an excellent image - I now see that you have used PP to astounding effect turning a frankly ordinary, but technically and compositionally good, shot into an absolute masterpiece - this may sound rather sycophantic, but I genuinely am very impressed - is this a day job by any chance?

Wow, thanks mate!
I wish it was but no it isn't. I work with kids in care so this is just a hobby :)

Cheers
Joel

Wow. I thought the posted image was nice pp, after an excellent image - I now see that you have used PP to astounding effect turning a frankly ordinary, but technically and compositionally good, shot into an absolute masterpiece

Agreed! (y)

great photo spoilt by the signature for me, love the post processing though

a quick tutorial/links to the actions would be great :)

great photo spoilt by the signature for me, love the post processing though

a quick tutorial/links to the actions would be great :)

Thanks!
I see what you mean about the signature ;)

(y) second that! Couldn't find the action on google.

Here you go mate, a link to the actions Florabella Actions.
You will need the color and haze set as well as the the first set of Springtime actions.

Back