DSLR Boot Camp Thread: discussion and posting

Name
Have a guess.....
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone,
Here's the thread for everyone doing the DSLR Bootcamp course in association with Nikon.
Mods: I've put it here because it is a personal challenge for everyone who is taking the course, hope that's ok?

Drop me a pm if you want to be put onto the "Doing" list:

Signed up
AndyJ1980

I'm doing this, it's the one with the 6 magazines for £10!

I've signed up also. I need all the help I can get :thinking::eek:

I've signed up for bootcamp, but do you have to buy the magazine issues too?

I've signed up with this aswell, has anyone received any emails or the first part in the mag yet?? I have had last months mag issue but not the start of the DSLR boot camp yet.

I have signed up also & I'm looking forward to it :)
When is the April magazine likely to arrive as this is the first time I have suscribed to a photo mag.

Last edited:
Yup , count me in , need to get learning (y)

Waiting eagerly for the 1st mag to arrive...............

I'm in too. Just hoping I can find some time to pull the camera out of its bag and snap some shots.

So do you have to buy the mags aswell? I signed up online, and it said I would receive emails and exclusive content etc. but I haven't ordered the mags for £10..
Do I need to? because If not its £10 I would prefer to save if we're not going to need them?

Joined Flicr too.

I have signed up for the 6 months magazine offer as well.

Well now i've bought the mags but it wouldn't let me select april as the first mag, only may, so I've had to email them to find out why It wouldn't let me select april.

LOL nothing but hassle so far haha hope its worth it.

Got the mag, so I'm assuming some gen on the course will arrive on the 23rd.

Who knows!

i have signed up for this too and the mag subscription, dont know if i got my mag yet as i am away all week in lorry sleeping rough lol

It'll only let you select April if you signed up by 4th March. You can still sign up for the 10 quid offer but have to go to the local emporium of choice to purchase the April edition.

Got mine just gona have a read now!

Anyone know when we get the email links? Sorry if this has already been asked....!

Last edited:
Got mine just gona have a read now!

Anyone know when we get the email links? Sorry if this has already been asked....!

I think it was mentioned that the mags release date was officially the 23rd March and that the e-mails would coincide with that.
So maybe in a couple of days time we will get the e-mails.
Just gives us a bit longer to work out how to do a still life in natural light and make it a bit interesting.

my mag came yesterday, need to crack on and do it now.
Maybe we should start a thread just for the pictures to be added by those who are taking part??

I've also signed up for the course and the Flickr site.

I missed the date for the 1st issue of the boot camp so I'm gonna have to buy it in the shop. :(

Mag arrived yesterday, signed up to Flickr group just now :) Just gotta get the kit out now!

Update 22/03/2011 (in no particular order)

Me (AndyJ1980)
jomantha
johnnypanic
SouthernSnapper
gothgirl
pitkin2020
Molly47
Lee0204
vixmix
andyp79
blondie606
hillwalkinggirl