Tigers Clough, Rivington.

Edit My Images
No
Hi all.

I have been trying hard for the last few weeks to get my photography MoJo back again, as seem to have lost my passion for photography lately.

Anyway, with the help of http://anthbrown.blogspot.com it is slowly returning !!

I enjoyed a lovely few hours out this morning at Tigers Clough Waterfall, Rivington - about 5 mins from Bolton Wander's Reebok Stadium - with 2 friends. Quite pleased with the images I got - and I can definitely feel the interest returning ;)

mini-IMG_1274.jpg

mini-IMG_1279.jpg

mini-IMG_1282.jpg

mini-IMG_1271.jpg

mini-IMG_1270.jpg

mini-IMG_1268.jpg

Thanks for looking, all comments very much appreciated!!!

Anth.

Will have to pay the falls a visit, don't think i have ever been there. First shot for me Ant

Cheers Andy.

Aye - the first shot is my favourite too!

Nice place to visit. We parked at Rivington / Blackrod high school and just walked upstream for 10mins. Some nice little falls on the way to shoot too.

Also, although we could hear a few woodpeckers, we didn't actually see any - but a longer lens and patience, and you're in there!!

Anth

First shot & second from last shot for me.

They are ALL very nice shots though.

Nice shots of tiger's clough, I see the fall still isnt pumping out huge amounts of water since I was last there during January.

Did you have a look at Jepson's clough, would love to go down there but it is a tricky descent.

Cheers,

andy

Nice... the last 3 are all working well for me. (y)

Existent - thanks mate. The tree did have an amazing texture. My mates, who came with me spent quite a while getting some macro shots to highlight the textures.

NOJ75 - thank you also ;)

awhyu - Yes, I would love to see it in full flow with lots more water - it's a really scenic place. As regards Jepsons Clough - where exactly is that? Is that the one you pass as you walk upstream from the high school, before you get to Tigers Clough ? there were a few smaller waterfalls (and some steep sides) - but we weren't sure if that was classed as Jepsons Clough ?

68lbs - cheers. I originally liked number 1 the best, but I am getting into the others lots too!

I've just joined a photo club, and may submit some of these in the forthcoming competition.

Thanks again for all comments.

Anth

Hi Anth

Love all the pics...number 3 for me.
Could you give me any idea how to get there, Id love to see the falls for myself.

Regards

Garry

Looking good, its been about 2 years since we showed Andy(awhyu), where it was and a least a year since I was last there, did you go to Jepsons clough as well

Hi Anth

Love all the pics...number 3 for me.
Could you give me any idea how to get there, Id love to see the falls for myself.

Regards

Garry
Garry

Park at the top of Green lane Horwich, follow the path up the hill until you come to a gate on your left, follow that path down the hill, as you start to climb the steps go to your right through the woods you should be able to hear it

[MAP]maps?saddr=53.609228,-2.544508&daddr=Horwich,+UK&hl=en&ll=53.609141,-2.544596&spn=0.00112,0.002307&sll=53.609137,-2.544596&sspn=0.001127,0.002307&geocode=%3BCet3W7kbTKugFb7YMQMddgTZ_ymFBdHz_wh7SDFLm_UCElhWhg&t=h&mra=mift&mrsp=0&sz=19&z=19[/MAP]

That's great, Thanks Anth...Looking forward to visiting i the very near future...Thanks Again
Garry

The second IMHO is the weakest, if it weren't for the blurred water, it would be just a picture of a stone and some water.

The others are strong compositions with fore ground interest and intererest in the distance.

The images are remarkably clear of noise, sharp without straining your eyes and the exposure is spot on.

Hi Thanks Dave...found it no problem...shame I fell in..lol

Very nice set, love the first and the last one. I've been to Rivington many times, but never new this was there. Will be checking it out asap :D

Back