Dry Motocross!! (been a long winter!)

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Well its been a while since i have posted anything (that sounds a bit like the start of a confession aye!)........... New baby, means busy times but i have straped the boy up in his door bouncer so he is quiet!!

Anyway, a few i liked from yesterday

1-

IMG_5273 by andysyson - www.click466.co.uk, on Flickr

2-

IMG_5529 by andysyson - www.click466.co.uk, on Flickr

3-

IMG_6147 by andysyson - www.click466.co.uk, on Flickr

4-

IMG_5162 by andysyson - www.click466.co.uk, on Flickr

5-

IMG_6237 by andysyson - www.click466.co.uk, on Flickr

6-

IMG_6423 by andysyson - www.click466.co.uk, on Flickr

Last edited:
Very nice set there Andy, difficult to choose a fave all very good and dynamic. Have to agree about the long awaited sunshine, think it was around October the last time I shot in some decent light, this past weekend was a such a transformation being able to shoot at low ISO's again.

Cheers Baggs - yesterday was the first meeting id covered in a while that i actually quite enjoyed and didnt want to get back to the van and print the orders! Hopefully i'll have a few more like that this year!

You been doing much?

Andy

I think No 4 is great , very dynamic

Best wishes, Mark

6 is a winner!! can't believe these were in the UK, was dull yesterday where i was :(

Yes, #6 and #11 have some great action in them - liking those! Hard to choose from the two though.

What a difference the sun makes!

Am really looking forward to MX at Hawkstone this weekend - its been a year since I've shot MX and the Hawkstone field looks like it will have the cream of MX racing :D

Cheers sir. Glad you said 11 - I quite like that one.

Hawkstone will be a good meeting. Only gutted im not going but unfortunately im booked elsewhere. Anyway - who wants to photograph the best riders in the world when you can shoot clubman solo's and quad's!?!?!

Andy

Excellent set Andy... far too long away, whats wrong with knee deep mud?? See your feeling the curse of the van, shoot more or process orders...hard one

All superb shots, I'm finding it very hard to pic one. :thinking:

I'm not a fan of angled shots but after saying that, I'll go with No. 4. :LOL:

Great set, hard to pick a fav, not much of a fan of the tilted ones though sorry.

Any chance you no of any race series that are close to the south wales area or tracks..? I really want to go out n shoot some mx.

Nice pics im hoping to take some of motor X on saturday any tips?

Excellent set Andy... far too long away, whats wrong with knee deep mud?? See your feeling the curse of the van, shoot more or process orders...hard one

Cheers Col. As for knee deep mud - No thanks! Think we both know that knee deep mud meens you may aswell stay in bed!!

As for the curse of the van - Yep deffinately in that trap. Got to let your heart rule your head though and remember its print sales that pay the bills aye!

Hows tricks? Busy enough?

Andy

Vision, Tyler- i know what you mean re the tilted shots. Not always my favorite option, but i find when shooting lower level racing it does help to make lesser riders look better than they are (after all im supposed to be their to flatter peoples ego with a photo!). Also they tend to sell better too.

Tyler - I dont tend to venture into Wales, so am not really up to speed with the local clubs and access. Try this link. You may be able to find something local - http://www.bsmamx.co.uk/ . Just bare in mind access may be limited.

Lee - Im sure their are a hell of alot better Motocross togs out their than me, but my 2 pence worth would say, get down low to the ground. Watch how the track developes as a small bump coming out of a corner can lift the front wheel of even the crapest rider making it look like they are hard on the power as they exit the turn. Try and include the ground on airbourne shots to give some perspective. Maybe have a look at some motocross photo's for some insperation and see if you can recreate/better what you have seen. The main thing would be to try and be as safe as possible ( i know i sound like a girl!). Make sure you ask the track/clubs permission and watch where you stand.

Andy

Back