OFFICIAL GIGRIN THREAD .

..MD..

Helen Shapiro
Name
MonkeyDave
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok folks instead of a major influx of kite pictures i thought it might be a idea to keep them all in one place..

heres one of mine. will look at some more later.
come on chaps put your pics in here..

gigrin-1-copy.jpg

tfl
dave (y)

Great shot Dave (y)
you can even see how well into the "moult" the hawk is classic text book style with the feathers growing in opposing pairs apart from the center decks ( tail)

Cool shot Ian, what camera did you use? didn't you say something about getting a new one of some kind? :D

Cool shot Ian, what camera did you use? didn't you say something about getting a new one of some kind? :D

Nah just used the old box brownie with a digital back on it ;)

Heres another one im chuffed with, same bird as above just another from a sequence of 3 or 4

0819-151014-01.jpg

Oh and get the figures !

Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS-1D Mark III
Image Date: 2007:08:19 15:10:14
Focal Length: 840.0mm
CCD Width: 5.06mm
Exposure Time: 0.0013 s (1/800)
Aperture: f/5.6
ISO equiv: 2500
White Balance: Auto

It automatically changed the ISO i need to work out how it did that ! lol another learning curve for me. No noise reduction applied either :D

nice shots all

@davec_uk - 2nd one is cool, 1st is a bit soft though

Lovely shots all.

It was nice to get out with the camera again.
Here's one of mine.
Medp_C7E8712.jpg

f5.6 1/640 ISO500
Sigma 800

Some really lovely images of one of my fave raptors guys ... looks like you all had a great time and the results speak for themselves ... :clap:

Dave (Monkey) ... great intro shot and good idea to have a single thread ... (y) ... nice and sharp on the eye but rather too much wing blur imgo ...

Ian ... two lovely images but the second is the better as you have not clipped its wings ... :D ... still getting used to the new camera eh ... :cautious:

Dave (C) ... love your second image ... (y) ... very nicely captured and great DoF to it ... :D

Matt ... loving your image m8 as it is crisp nearly all the way through and has a superb composition ... :D ... although it would benefit from having both fence posts (?) cropped/cloned imgo ... :shrug:

Well done guys and TFS ... ;)

:p

:eek: Some stunning pictures between you guys! I love them all ... However Ian, yours tip the balance for me. And I am jealous of your gear too.

Great shots everybody:clap:Great day out really enjoyed myself (y)Nice to meet fellow T.P members.Will hopefully get some shots up in the next day or so :)

That is at ISO 1250???? what noise?

Some of the big guns that were on display :LOL:
big-guns.jpg
. some brillant photos taken with them.

It's the Sigma 800mm Gareth - belongs to Matt (the mod).

Does he like it? I think you can take it from his cold, dead fingers. :D

It's the Sigma 800mm Gareth - belongs to Matt (the mod).

Does he like it? I think you can take it from his cold, dead fingers. :D

Hi Matt, If for some reason you had to replace :eek: your Sigma 800. Would you buy the same again or go for the 300 - 800 ? (and why.)
Gareth.

one taken by my dad who was there off a email he sent ..

on here as opaline.. hello mate looks like you had fun on sunday,,

opaline-1.jpg

dave (y)

taken with a 30d and a sigma 135/400 i think

Better late than never :) A couple taken sunday,both were taken with Canon 30D & 100-400 L

red-kite-8.jpg

red-kite-10.jpg

The kings never played Gigrin but took this shot at a red kite centre when i was on tour up in Scotland.

redkite1_filtered.jpg

Hi Matt, If for some reason you had to replace :eek: your Sigma 800. Would you buy the same again or go for the 300 - 800 ? (and why.)
Gareth.

If I had to replace it I would buy a lens with Image stablisation.
One of the reasons why is, you need a very good technique when using long lenses to minimise movement when shooting. With image stablisation the technique isn't as important, (not to say it isn't important). ;)

I had a quick go with Ians 600IS, and using it was far easier than using mine.

Hope that answers your question.

If I had to replace it I would buy a lens with Image stablisation.
One of the reasons why is, you need a very good technique when using long lenses to minimise movement when shooting. With image stablisation the technique isn't as important, (not to say it isn't important). ;)

I had a quick go with Ians 600IS, and using it was far easier than using mine.

Hope that answers your question.

Thanks Matt that's a usefull perspective. (Nikon are roumoured to be bringing out "VR" on their long lenses very soon. )
Gareth.

Matt ... loving your image m8 as it is crisp nearly all the way through and has a superb composition ... :D ... although it would benefit from having both fence posts (?) cropped/cloned imgo ... :shrug:

Thanks Ven, I thought I would leave them in to frame the subject a bit.

Hopefully you like this one too.
Medp_C7E8700.jpg

Sigma 800 @ f5.6 1/1600 ISO500

There's some excellent images in this thread, well done all.

Back