Four Market meet shots, London.

Forbiddenbiker

The Enforcer
Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Crit for just the first two mostly please guys.

The first is meant to speak to the viewer a bit, pretty simple idea, I just wanted to get his view in, (legs and shoes) and capture some of the unmoving
nature of his day compared ...
The second is one of several similar shots, bicycles and people for different reasons, this fellow and the fun insult idea behind him and the pattern nature of it all I like most.
Thirds just because its a pretty view I though? needs more blossom but hey!
The fourth is riveting Isn’t it. :D

What do you think?

streetlevel.jpg

upyours.jpg

----

cherrytree.jpg

riviting.jpg

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
#1 - dunno - doesn't work for me - I see what you're trying to do with the feet, but I think that possibly the angle just doesn't work as an overhead shot? :shrug:

#2 - I like this - it's a nice shot, and I really like that you've taken the effort to ensure no chop on any of the bikes, but I think the bloke walking past needed to be the symmetric opposite of the straight-on bike? I also wonder if a selective de-sat might work well on this image?

Nice set though (y)

Sent from my iPhone using TP Forums

#1 - dunno - doesn't work for me - I see what you're trying to do with the feet, but I think that possibly the angle just doesn't work as an overhead shot? :shrug:

I'll agree with your comments about #2, but IMHO #1 is the most successful of the four. It has ambition to tell a story in the picture and I get instantly what it's about.

While I can understand why it's come to be there, the wall creeping in at the bottom of the shot is probably a compositional element that that doesn't fit, though.

'God view' from above (and not the tower of Southwark Cathedral :)) is perhaps a little voyeuristic, too.

While I can understand why it's come to be there, the wall creeping in at the bottom of the shot is probably a compositional element that that doesn't fit, though.

'God view' from above (and not the tower of Southwark Cathedral :)) is perhaps a little voyeuristic, too.

Yeah, it is isn't it, I am disapointed with myself for taking advatage of him (Its all to easy to forget) ...But I was actually interested in the spiral and curve of the steps as well for interest like, Its an interesting spot that drags you in to play with it. ... No it is honest!
...or just plain desperate is probabaly nearer to the truth.

I agree about the wall, I couldn't frame both the legs and him without it, I even cloned out some weeds. Maybe if I changed it to the same unobtrusive grey as the steps that would reduce its horridness.

Cheers Rob

Adam..i have had think about #1 and i like it,particularly the fact that the man has supplied his dog with a blanket to lay on and he is sitting on the concrete and everyone is passing by and not noticing him..if that makes sense..:cool:
The rest are very good too..my fave is the last one..mixture of angles and different methods of construction..steel and brick..and of course 'Rivets'

Wonder if Rivets the M/C store are still going?
Im ramblin now..:nuts:..nothin to do with toggin..:LOL:

Number 1 is brilliant mate. If you ever get chance I'd love to see it again with a slower shutter to blur the legs.

(y)

I agree with Ryan on the first one - I like the thought process very much and the capture and the motion would really cap it off nicely.

The second I keep wondering if the person is needed or if they are doing the wrong thing. If he wasn't there you would have the contrast between neat and green and political correctness of the bikes and the more anarchic nature of the wall characters to work with. It may be that you also lose something by shooting straight on and not more along the line of the bikes and murals.

The third is pretty blossom as you say. The fourth i'm afraid doesn't work for me - am not sure you achieve any contrast or any pattern or visual effect or illusion to create any art from it.

Long time no see btw, hope you're keeping well :)

#2 is great, I think the juxtaposition between the man and the character giving him the middle finger is spot on. Shame you didn't manage to get that cyclist going past in a similar position.

I like the bicycle one : you've framed/cropped it so right.
upyours.jpg

Number 3 (Blossoms) has colours which, to me, are horrible.

I like the idea of 1. - Think perhaps you needed to be a bit higher, if possible and as Ryan says blur the movement a bit.
2 is an interesting shot, which is made by the artwork on the walls.

Adam..i have had think about #1 and i like it,particularly the fact that the man has supplied his dog with a blanket to lay on and he is sitting on the concrete and everyone is passing by and not noticing him..if that makes sense..
The rest are very good too..my fave is the last one..mixture of angles and different methods of construction..steel and brick..and of course 'Rivets'

Wonder if Rivets the M/C store are still going?
Im ramblin now.. ..nothin to do with toggin..

Yea makes sense Dave, you got it. thanks.

I’m not sure if there still going, I seem to know the name well, keep seeing it somewhere... got me thinking now.

Number 1 is brilliant mate. If you ever get chance I'd love to see it again with a slower shutter to blur the legs.

Exactly my original plan mate ... but after ten attempts and him moving he head just a tad in each shot.... ...he’s not really 'reading' that book you know.... damn it, I cant spend all day!!! lol

Glad of your approval Ryan ta.

I agree with Ryan on the first one - I like the thought process very much and the capture and the motion would really cap it off nicely.

The second I keep wondering if the person is needed or if they are doing the wrong thing. If he wasn't there you would have the contrast between neat and green and political correctness of the bikes and the more anarchic nature of the wall characters to work with. It may be that you also lose something by shooting straight on and not more along the line of the bikes and murals.

The third is pretty blossom as you say. The fourth i'm afraid doesn't work for me - am not sure you achieve any contrast or any pattern or visual effect or illusion to create any art from it.

Long time no see btw, hope you're keeping well

Interesting points rob, all very subjective in the end isn't it. Im sure there are loads of cool shots around that bike stand spot, intriguing contrasts everywhere kind of thing.

Thanks for your thoughts ...I’m good, how’s you? ..when are we going to see you on a meet again buddy?

#2 is great, I think the juxtaposition between the man and the character giving him the middle finger is spot on. Shame you didn't manage to get that cyclist going past in a similar position.

That cyclist turned out to be just passed mid frame looking back over his shoulder. ..I was trying to get him near the peeing wall charters, but unfortunately the doorway at that end ruined the flow and balance. It looked odd and uncomfortable overall I decided....binned it.

Thanks for your ideas Rob

I like the bicycle one : you've framed/cropped it so right.

Number 3 (Blossoms) has colours which, to me, are horrible.

Glad you like it Ulfric.

On the colours you mean the horrid blue of the jeans and stuff... or the pink?

Thanks for your thoughts.

I like the idea of 1. - Think perhaps you needed to be a bit higher, if possible and as Ryan says blur the movement a bit.
2 is an interesting shot, which is made by the artwork on the walls.

Yes I can see a bit higher might help, less wall more of him and the feet.
I was going for the blur from the off.... typically, he didn’t keep still in may of my takes.

Cheers for your thoughts Mark.

Last edited:

(y)

My thoughts exactly - glad to find someone else who saw it as you did Adam :) But defo blurry legs next time to show them 'passing by'

Others for me - just need that button that starts with the letters 'del' ;)

Nice to see you out & about with that odd 'eye' of yours (y)

DD

#3 & #4 are the best for me, #3 says pink ! very nice and #4 love the angles, lines and colours with the texts.

Adam

Nice shot mate.... did not post mine as I thought you might be posting that one...

Love number 4 and 2 mate.

Nigel

Hi Adam, #1 works for me, tells a common story of insignificance, and agree blurred legs/feet would add to the effect.

Also like #2, the hand gesture of the walker adds to the story. I think with the graffiti figures gestures seemingly aimed at the walker moving him to the left ie. walking away, might improve the composition.

#3, yeah pink......... sorry it doesn't do anything for me.

#4, lots of nice angles, not a huge fan but might look good in B&W.

jeff

I like the point of view of number 1, and number 4 appeals to me for some reason that I can't quite put my finger on.

The brickwork and rivet detail might become more pronounced if number 4 was converted to B&W, agree with Jeff.B on that.

Bike shot is the best. Perhaps cropping the overhead shot to exclude the passers by would isolate the man, giving a better representation of his "state" isolated from the world?

I like the bike shot best, good crop.

Thanks for your thoughs Luga.
Missed it...
(y)

Bike shot is the best. Perhaps cropping the overhead shot to exclude the passers by would isolate the man, giving a better representation of his "state" isolated from the world?

Hi Thanks for your picks.

Your crop isolation idea I cant see how that would work myself, without some sort of idea of his location by seeing his surroundings a little, how would I conjure the idea of his state . ... he could be anywhere right.

Back