Just Dave

In Memoriam
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Hiya Dave,

Wow thank for the linky to your thread, these are brilliant. Love the detail you have caught in them.

Well done and well spotted as they are quite camouflaged.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Thanks Dawn

They are fab little butterflies, 1/2" long, they are only about for 3 weeks, this is their 2nd week, they are a perfect match for the wimberry bush leaves, if you see one land you cant take your eye off it as if you do it will be hard to find again,

Last edited:
They are beautiful Dave, especially the second. Thanks for the heads up regarding location.

They are beautiful Dave, especially the second. Thanks for the heads up regarding location.

No probs Richard, wont be around for much longer maybe just into may, hope you get to see them, it was packed with people today hard to find a parking spot luckily we were there early, oh yeah theres been a russian steppe eagle about as well it escaped from Cuerden the other day

Very nice set. Crisp and clear.

Cheers Shane (y)

What a brilliant set, no critique required at all, I love the vibrant colours I can imagine that those little ones must be very hard to find given there size and the fact that they have better camouflage that you average SAS Trooper

I am getting the new lens itch with each one that you post though my bank manager is not going to be impressed ;)

Matt
MWHCVT

What a brilliant set, no critique required at all, I love the vibrant colours I can imagine that those little ones must be very hard to find given there size and the fact that they have better camouflage that you average SAS Trooper

I am getting the new lens itch with each one that you post though my bank manager is not going to be impressed ;)

Matt
MWHCVT

Thanks Matt, ooooops sorry about the bank manager but you really need to get one (y)

Lovely stuff Dave (y)
Thanks to you and John for the company today, see you again soon

Thanks Neil, pleased you got to see them, they are tiny arent they! and got good shots of them, how did you find the shots with my macro lens?

Heres my LS shot from today Clicky Linky

Last edited:
I went along yesterday Dave, found the site and several GHs...many thanks. (y)

Good stuff Richard pleased you got to see them, hope my directions made it easy to find, shame we didnt bump into each other, have you posted any?

Were you there yesterday too? I did wonder. No, not posted any but have one here. It was a bit breezy and I missed focus on the eyes, trying to rescue it with sharpening looks overdone to me.

Yes I took Neil, to see them we were there from 11-30 till about 12-30 then we walked along to brinscal and back, thanks for the link (y) Looks OK to me, nice specimen as (y)

Last edited:
That's roughly the time I was there...maybe I followed your instructions to a different place :D

Yeah looks like it they are all around there but were we went is very sheltered so they arent blowing about, still you found some thats the main thing

Back