Slingshot Bag Bottle Holder (DIY content)

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought I would share the little diy mod I came up with today for my daughters Slingshot 102 AW bag
Great bags, but seriously lacking a water bottle holder, quite important in this weather to stay hydrated so necessity became the mother of invention

Take one bicycle bottle cage (fiver or less) pass under the elasticated strip on the side and secure with the already attached strap, hey presto one drinking bottle holder.
All works fine and bottle stays secure, admittedly makes the carrying of a Tripod impossible, but you can’t have everything and saves putting the bottle in with the camera/lenses etc

** Field trial was completely successful**

IMG_00022.JPG

IMG_00031.JPG

Last edited:
I used to clip the Sigg with lid to a straight gate karabiner when carrying it on a rucksack. If I wanted to use the hoser I had to pack it inside the sack as that lid gets replaced...So this little mod could allow me to use it outside a normal rucksack too (depending on the strap routes of course) :)

Sure there are more variations on this little idea, thinking that some sort of bracket could be attached to the two bolt holes on the cage that a strap could be fixed to or maybe?????

Definitely got potential and good luck with the rucksack attachment

Those spring clips could work on a tripod although I'm trying to devise something that will utilise the sliplock idea and similar systems on other bags

Last edited:
Great idea Rich, I carried the tripod today, so used the footing pouch/pocket thingy on the Tamrac 8x for my water bottle today but this from the side, would work a treat.

Di

Back