HSCC Wolds Trophy Meeting - Cadwell Park

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,

This is my set from the HSCC Wolds Trophy Historic Race Meeting from the Sunday, got a bit of a mixed bag in terms of shots really. Not really happy with the set in general, tried a couple of new things here and there but don't feel like I really pushed the boat out.

That said I had a enjoyable day and saw some simply mind blowing machinery at work. For those who are interested the full set has been uploaded to Flickr (101 shots available to view) and is here.

C&C is welcome as per usual.

Part 2 coming in a second...

Great stuff mate. Some really good slow shutter speed stuff through the trees. Do you manually pre-focus on track and then pan with car and fire when in position?

What glass you using?

Thanks! Yeah pretty much, although sometimes I used Autofocus and followed the car around before the area I intended to shoot at, kinda worked at times but confused my focusing motor (which seems painfully slow!). I'm using Canon 55-250mm EF-S f/4-5.6 for pretty much all of the above shots, apart from a few were with the kit lens for the 350D. (y)

I really wanted to make it to this meeting :( Ah well!

Incredible shots, Great imagination, use of shutters speeds and your surrondings. 6 is simply stunning. I love that one.

Love all of these :) very creative shot 6 has to be my pick.
The wonky marker post confuses me in shot7, shot 11 would be my pick if not for the dark centre.
Clive.

1,7, 9 and 10 are my favourites. 9 & 10 show the 'nature' of Cadwell Park. If you had a b&w 'working' shot like #12, but with the Lotus in photo 1, that would of been ace. I've sent you a PM Adam.

Very interesting set Adam, very creative use of framing and low shutter speeds. The shooting through the trees look has been very well executed and is something Ive tried only once before at Olivers Mount.

It was my first time shooting these and I choose to avoid being too creative and to just capture the subjects.....calls himself a coward :D
(y)

Love all of these :) very creative shot 6 has to be my pick.
The wonky marker post confuses me in shot7, shot 11 would be my pick if not for the dark centre.
Clive.

Thanks Clive, it's much appreciated. I never noticed the wonky post in #7! I can't tell if my horizon isn't quite right or if the post was wonky...Confusing!

1,7, 9 and 10 are my favourites. 9 & 10 show the 'nature' of Cadwell Park. If you had a b&w 'working' shot like #12, but with the Lotus in photo 1, that would of been ace. I've sent you a PM Adam.

Cheers Andrew, sadly I didn't get one of the Lotus whilst being worked on (really need to make sure I get more working shots next time!) I did get a couple of other working shots though that I may put on my Flickr at some point. Also, thanks for the PM. (y)

Cracking set, I was trying to get a shot like 7 at the BSB round last year. Spot on

Thanks! It's quite a bit easier with cars at that angle! I've done a couple of bike track days and events last year and cars are certainly easier to shoot at Cadwell despite it probably being far more suited to bikes! Cheers for the comment!

Seem to be a few shots being taken by people through the trees. Lovely effect, works well.

Yeah, I think it's the 'in' thing at the moment. This was my second attempt at it and I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of it. Certainly isn't easy though!

Very interesting set Adam, very creative use of framing and low shutter speeds. The shooting through the trees look has been very well executed and is something Ive tried only once before at Olivers Mount.

It was my first time shooting these and I choose to avoid being too creative and to just capture the subjects.....calls himself a coward :D
(y)

Thanks! Really appreciate the in-depth comment. I've never shot these racing before either :p However I was feeling a bit inspired after researching a whole load of motorsport photographers for a recent college project. I just wanted to try and get a completely different view of the event to what others photographers were doing. Just incase you saw me, I was the one that occasionally ran up to the top of the banking at the first part of Hall Bends and stood near that felled tree. I got quite a few strange looks whilst I was up there! Thanks again for your comment :)

Back