Holly inthe mist

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
This is a composite of three images. Model is the gorgeous Holly (Ivory Flame).

5740639937_0baa785629_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

jeff

I can't see Holly through all that mist!!!! ; )

Model shots really not my thing, but I'll have a go:

Framing appears wrong - there seems to be too much space above and to the left (or too little elsewhere?)

Feature wise, her face seems rather expressionless - I'm not sure what expression you're supposed to be capturing here.

The mist is too thin to blur the bottom of the picture, but also doesn't cover the whole body, so the "mist in the forest" effect is lost - the transition between mist and non-mist is too unnatural (IMO!)

Lighting looks ok, but I think there needed to be a touch more light directly on her face to make it stand out slightly more - especially given the highly reflective dress.

The general photo has been done really well however, and the background tree on the right works well in the picture, but the photo has a little too much of a studio look about it - can't really say why, just something about it.

Hope that helps, and maybe this bump will get it some proper crit from someone who knows what they're talking about!

You can apply the background colour over the model layer to blend them in a bit more (i forget the name of the option in photoshop, its one click pretty much)

Just makes it look like shes there rather than been pasted in.

:D Wish i could be a bit more specific, not at my photoshop pc atm :D

Thanks for the comments so far, very interesting. The trees were a texture layer applied over the model, opacity adjusted and the model revealed in blend mode and the mist was another layer which I just removed from the top half with varying degrees of opacity. The expression was meant to be sort of 'dreamy'.

jeff

Back