My first images here

Name
Theresa
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken at Newton Ferrers, a beautiful little riverside village not far from Plymouth:
087framed_copy.jpg

The same little boat, but this time taken with a Lensbaby Composer:
078small_copy.jpg

Taken in Central Park, Plymouth:
DSC00517textured_layerframed_copy.jpg

A foxglove, which was in a tub that blew over in the wind - when we found it the flower stems had bent to reach the light, then they bent again when we righted it:
1509_2_Flowers_2011-5-18small_copy.jpg

Another Lensbaby image:
DSC00503_copy.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like I've done something wrong here - no images!! Will try again in a mo ;)

Sorted! Typical me, don't bother to read the 'how to', just try to work it out on my own. I found a little icon at the top for 'insert image' and thought 'Hey I bet I need to use this to insert an image!'. Wrong!!! ;)

Last edited:
Interesting selection of pictures.

I think my favourite is #1 - nicely balanced image, well composed, and well exposed.

I think next is #4, where the processing is an interesting look, and I think works quite well with the subject.

With both the lensbaby shots, the focus is not quite right - the boat is blurred at the edges, and the daffodils, you seem to have focussed on a blade of grass, not a flower?

The park shot is OK, but there's just something that doesn't work for me. I can't think what though - the composition works I think, the only thing I can think is that the colours just aren't quite right somehow.

On the whole, nice set of images, with some good processing (y)

Thanks for your comments Snap Happy. I agree the focus isn't quite right on the daffodils, but I rather liked the overall look of the image. But still, I guess I shouldn't bother with images that I know aren't right!!!
In the LB boat image, the focus is intended to be on the stern of the boat and its reflection - particularly the reflection on the right of the boat. The LB blur therefore starts on the upper left hand edge of the boat. The Central Park image has been processed to give a painterly effect, but I don't think the small size of the uploads on here help much :(.
Theresa

You could be right, Alan, but then the context of the path would be lost - ideally I should have moved around to the right, so that the tree was further left and the path was still in shot. The reality was, however, that this was an absolute grab shot because for me it was the receding figure of the cyclist that was intrinsic to the atmosphere of the moment and time to move around for the best composition was a luxury I didn't have - so often the case, isn't it!!

Hi

Number one is a great shot. Love the processing in both the foxglove and the park shots. Three very nice pictures.

For me the post in the very bottom of the park picture about a third in from the left is upsetting the balance of the picture.

Just had another look. Perhaps removing the post or just darkening all of the posts on the bottom to match the rest would do the trick.

Graham

Thanks Graham. Never noticed that post much before, but now you mention it - yes, it is kind of disconnected with the rest of the posts! Funny how someone else's eyes can open your own to something!
Theresa

I like #1, very nice (y)

Nice bunch of effects too, I quite like the central park one, works well on that pic. Focus is a bit iffy on the lensbaby ones, but if you're happy with them then that's the main thing. The boat lensbaby shot is almost making me seasick, gives me ideas for shooting sailing boats on waves using that effect, will have to try that this summer!

I like #1, and (especially) #3 and #4. Nice composition and the processing on #3 and #4 works, adding a nice feel to the images.

Last edited:
3 and 4 are the ones which really fit your niche...artistic impression
and i like them very much

First off i have to say i hate lensbaby so i wont comment. However, the others i like vmuch. Please take a hammer to the baby :)

Lol!! Not on your life! It was a (very much desired) 60th birthday present from my husband ;). LB is the photographic equivalent to Marmite, I know, so I'll forgive your blasphemous request :LOL: And thanks for your comments :)

And thanks to everyone else for your comments and critique - always appreciated.

Theresa

3 and 4 are the ones which really fit your niche...artistic impression
and i like them very much

Yeah, think you're right. I've tried so many types of photography over the years, but this is the area I feel I enjoy the most. Using PS in this way is relatively new to me, though, so still got a way to go. Thanks.
Theresa

If you need something quick and simple to add borders, text, or resize your images prior to posting them online, try "faststone photo resizer". It's simple, free and can batch-process multiple image files at the same time.

Last edited:
First off i have to say i hate lensbaby so i wont comment. However, the others i like vmuch. Please take a hammer to the baby :)

I don't like babies either.......or Mondays but hey I'm just miserable:thumbsdown:

1,3 and 4 like v muchly:clap:

Thank you Ger and Barry. Reckon I'll have to do something about looking at other members' photos soon .....
Theresa

PS - I love Mondays, Barry - but then I'm retired and now have what I always wanted: a 7 day weekend ;)

Thank you Ger and Barry. Reckon I'll have to do something about looking at other members' photos soon .....
Theresa

PS - I love Mondays, Barry - but then I'm retired and now have what I always wanted: a 7 day weekend ;)
:LOL:

I tried retiring to France - never worked so hard in my life and had to come back for a rest:wacky:

Back