Now That's Service!

Name
Iain
Edit My Images
No
Ordered a canvas online today from tradecanvasprint.co.uk. My order was submitted at 1400hrs and at 1510hrs I received an email informing me it has shipped! Oh, and I got a 10% discount for first time order. Now that's service!

Just hoping now that the quality is decent but guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Iain

What a fantastic service, it puts the company I have just dealt with to shame.

I was desperate for a printer waste cartridge after my printer stopped over the weekend.

So I placed an order 10 Mins past midnight Monday morning with a company after seeing this statement on there website.......

Delivery is a flat rate of only £2.50 per order, regardless of order size
We dispatch orders by 1st Class Royal Mail
Over 98% of orders placed with 365ink before 3pm Monday to Friday are delivered the next working day.

Needless to say when I contacted them to verify the order would be dispatched quickly, this is the reply I recieved......

Normal delivery is 1-3 working days so you may get it before 72hrs

Still waiting, hopefully it may turn up tomorrow.
I must be one of the other 2%

Last edited:
Hmmm, I may be wrong but that seems awfully quick to print an image and dry it before dispatching. Too quick!

they don't leave it 24 hours to dry before putting a protective coat on it then.

not a service I would consider using.

Ordered a canvas online today from tradecanvasprint.co.uk. My order was submitted at 1400hrs and at 1510hrs I received an email informing me it has shipped! Oh, and I got a 10% discount for first time order. Now that's service!

Just hoping now that the quality is decent but guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Iain

Hmmm, I may be wrong but that seems awfully quick to print an image and dry it before dispatching. Too quick!

That, is a bloody good point! (y)

Would be interested to see what the quality was like when it did arrive.

Surely ink doesn't take that long to dry though?

On the printer I have, it is recommended to leave it at least 24 hours prior to stacking.
Have you never had a photo that sounds like it is being ripped away from whatever was stacked on top of it? The ink can take an age to dry properly.

Last edited:
Would it matter though if its being covered in lamination via a hot vacuum process?

If it is perfectly laminated, then it might never dry, and the colours might bleed.
Also, if the lamination is not laid down square, it could smudge.

OK, now you have me worried! Apparently as I ordered after 12 noon it wont be here until Thursday so I shall let you guys know tomorrow either way. Fingers crossed....

:plus1: Perhaps they should be called tradefingerprint.co.uk :D
Proof is in the pudding as they say, but I steer clear of people that want you to register with them before you can get to see what thier prices are.

I know of a few people that have used them and have had fantastic service, and the canvases I had done were excellent. I guess they want you to register for prices as they are a trade company and mainly deal with bulk orders and not just your average person who wants to get a one off canvas made up.

POAH : they don't leave it 24 hours to dry before putting a protective coat on it then.

not a service I would consider using.

cambsno : Hmmm, I may be wrong but that seems awfully quick to print an image and dry it before dispatching. Too quick!

Hi All, my name is Ben and I am the owner of the canvas printing company in this thread. I was tipped off that we had a good recommendation on this forum so thought I'd take a look. I was extremely puzzled when I read the above quotes from some people on here, being negative towards our very fast, efficient turn round and service. I can honestly say I have never had the complaint of being to quick.....we can actually be quicker, our local customers can wait while we print, laminate and stretch there canvases, usually within an hour time frame.... to quick?....this is not the case.

We have skilfully refined the process of canvas printing and finishing, hence why we are one of the countries leading trade canvas printers supplying over 6500 clients throughout UK, using our state of the art printers our inks are TOTALLY touch dry within 4 minutes you can physically rub it with your hand and the ink will NOT smudge, we then laminate the prints at 100 degrees with an unrivalled finish that is impervious to scratching, marking, water etc.... you really cannot beat it.

coldpenguin : If it is perfectly laminated, then it might never dry, and the colours might bleed.
Also, if the lamination is not laid down square, it could smudge.

The above statement is simply not correct, the ink is TOTALLY dry within 4 mins and the laminate is cut off a roll to size, it is then applied straight away to avoid dust etc getting in-between the surfaces...(Hence why speed is important!!) and then finished in the hot press, so not sure about the statement above stating about being "laid down square, it could smudge" it simply will never smudge, never bleed. We offer a lifetime guarantee on all workmanship and materials on our canvas products.

If anyone needs any further information about our canvas products, or processing procedures please do get in touch..... our office number is:08456838662 I am always happy to chat with our clients to clear up any issues etc you may have.

Thanks all Ben

Last edited:
Hi Ben, Welcome to the Forum.

Your post explains quite a lot, I wasn't sure on the process you use but was impressed by the quality of my past order (You were reccommended to me by Dan Santillo). I guess thats why Digital Photographer magazine reccommended you as one of the top suppliers. (y)

Hi Ben, Welcome to the Forum.

Your post explains quite a lot, I wasn't sure on the process you use but was impressed by the quality of my past order (You were reccommended to me by Dan Santillo). I guess thats why Digital Photographer magazine reccommended you as one of the top suppliers. (y)

Hi Johnsy,

Thanks for the welcome, yeah Dan is a cracking photographer and a good client of ours, of course the magazine reviews, recommendations etc help, it gives our new customers some consumer confidence in us when they decide to place there first time orders. I didn't want to 'Hijack' this thread but was pretty disappointed to see people who have never used us questioning our speed and quality.

Last edited:
but was pretty disappointed to see people who have never used us questioning our speed and quality.

some people just like to be awkward - thats why you get people who dont even own cameras in some cases arguing about photographic things - dont let it worry you.

Incidentally can you clarify if you are trade only ?

I work for the national trust and I'm about to need between 10 and 15 canvases printed to use in the decoration of a self catering rental property - would that be something you could do ?

Incidentally can you clarify if you are trade only ?

I work for the national trust and I'm about to need between 10 and 15 canvases printed to use in the decoration of a self catering rental property - would that be something you could do ?

Hi, Yes this would certainly be something we can deal with, we do normally supply trade only, however many amateur photographers now also make good livings off selling work so the line between trade and not is quite sketchy.

Give us a call if you want to chat about it further, 08456 838 662 ask for Ben.

Also thanks for the support.....

Sorry Ben, didn't mean to be overly negative.
Just if an object is 'wet', i.e. still has solvent, and then is sealed (via the lamination), there is nowhere for the solvent to go.

If however the solvent is truly gone prior to lamination, then in theory this is not a problem.

Sorry Ben, didn't mean to be overly negative.
Just if an object is 'wet', i.e. still has solvent, and then is sealed (via the lamination), there is nowhere for the solvent to go.

If however the solvent is truly gone prior to lamination, then in theory this is not a problem.

No worries at all, I agree this well might be the case when using solvent inks, but we don't use solvent based inks;)

I used one of these canvas websites. Cheap, quick dispatch. Quality was awful and the canvas arrived with damage and it was easily damaged further.

Yours may be different but it seems very unlikely.

That's a bit of a sweeping comment.

I used one of these canvas websites. Cheap, quick dispatch. Quality was awful and the canvas arrived with damage and it was easily damaged further.

That is a terrible comment mate, to be honest if people have that sort of outlook from the start then there's not much point me commenting on this forum......However many of the users on here are actually good sensible people.

I don't want to go back over what I have already said, however if you care to look at the following magazines, Digital photographer, DSLR user, photography for beginners, GQ and there are many more which i cant think of off the top of my head, you will see they, either use us as suppliers of their canvases in such things as "How To's", editorials, adverts ......the list goes on and on... To be totally blunt, do you think we'd get a look in if our canvases were poor quality?

I would prefer this not to be an on going thread where people comment on the quality of my canvases and efficient service when you have not even ordered from me.

Not all canvas producers are the same!

Last edited:
Willnichols: not all online canvas printing companies are the same. If you've a particular company that you're not happy with, post that on the forum. It's not helpful to make generalized, unsubstantiated statements. Well done to Ben for posting.

Well what have i started!? To put your minds at ease my canvas arrived today.... flawless. Thanks Johnsy for the recommendation and Ben for the outstanding service! Def be using you again.

Iain

That is a terrible comment mate, to be honest if people have that sort of outlook from the start then there's not much point me commenting on this forum......However many of the users on here are actually good sensible people.

I don't want to go back over what I have already said, however if you care to look at the following magazines, Digital photographer, DSLR user, photography for beginners, GQ and there are many more which i cant think of off the top of my head, you will see they, either use us as suppliers of their canvases in such things as "How To's", editorials, adverts ......the list goes on and on... To be totally blunt, do you think we'd get a look in if our canvases were poor quality?

I would prefer this not to be an on going thread where people comment on the quality of my canvases and efficient service when you have not even ordered from me.

Not all canvas producers are the same!

To be honest bud, some of the comments on here are typical of internet forums, pretty much all of them have people making generalisations without ever having tried a particular product. Certain lenses get slated by people who have never used the lenses in question, for example. Now, most of us, know full well that not all canvas producers are the same, that fact seems to escape some people.

Welcome and well done for having the cajones to stand up for yourself..........(y)

Welcome to TP Ben and thank you very much for your comments and explanation of how your canvases are done.

I for one will certainly be coming to you for my canvas printing.
Ive just got to manage to take a shot worthy of putting to canvas first though Lol

I don't think it's fair to Ben to judge his product in this manner without any direct experience of his company.

I've tried 3 canvas printers, two online and one local, and the results are indeed variable - 2 good experiences and one where the print did arrive with a damaged corner - which the company concerned rectified immediately.

As for the quality - it was clear from a side by side comparison of the same image that one company clearly had the better product and that was the one I went with.

Ben's attitude and manner inspire confidence and he deserves better from the forum.

Good suppliers work hard to earn and maintain their reputation - the cowboys simply don't care.

Well done Ben - and thanks for contributing to the forum.

If we don't support the good suppliers we'll only be left with the cowboys.

I agree, and thanks to Tradecanvasprint using a lot of bubble wrap to protect the canvases inside the packaging, I had a good supply of padding for when I moved house.

Can somebody who has ordered one comment on the price in comparison to other canvas suppliers? Are they reasonable or one of the more expensive? I have never ordered a canvas prints so wouldn't have a clue, however Ben's post definately give me the confidence to put my money in their hands for a little project later on in the year.

Jake

jacob12_1993 said:
Can somebody who has ordered one comment on the price in comparison to other canvas suppliers? Are they reasonable or one of the more expensive? I have never ordered a canvas prints so wouldn't have a clue, however Ben's post definately give me the confidence to put my money in their hands for a little project later on in the year.

Jake

Mine arrived today. 26x18 for £41 +pp. Great quality and great care has obviously gone into packaging. I will definitely be using them again.

They keep you informed of each step of processing by email (order confirmation, shipping, tracking number, etc) and first time buyers get a 10% discount. Faultless.

After the explanation you were given, why do you think it seems very unlikely? Without qualification, that statement is quite simply out of order.

Why do we all read the negative comment then add fuel to the threads so that these sweeping or ignorant statements live on ???
(yes I have dome the same by posting something)

The explanation of the process that the canvas went through was precise and informative so thanks for that Ben !!!!

Mine arrived today. 26x18 for £41 +pp. Great quality and great care has obviously gone into packaging. I will definitely be using them again.

They keep you informed of each step of processing by email (order confirmation, shipping, tracking number, etc) and first time buyers get a 10% discount. Faultless.

Well done Ben, shame you've had to defend your company in this way. Some people are just to quick to judge, especially when they had not even laid eyes on your product.

At least now, needless to say, you have gained a few extra customers, me included.(y)

I've also signed up ready to use when I have something worthy of printing, looks like an excellent service, it's a shame like others have said, people quick to judge.

Wow, thanks for the great comments all.....Yesterday I was shocked and disappointed by the out of order comments, however today thanks to you all I am really pleased!

I am extremely passionate about my company, my canvases and the service. (As you may of guessed...:LOL:)
We always produce work that we'd be happy to hang on our Walls. I'd also like to touch on the fact that we are a honest company, we do not make empty promises about service, quality and speed of delivery, if your order is delayed, for what ever reason your told..... As well as if it's on time, we find that being totally upfront with our customers is always best.

Again thanks for the support all, I will continue to use the forum, so if anyone has questions etc please do ask or phone our office on 08456838662 or visit our site.(not sure on forum rules so won't post a link)

Finally...... Iain.......thanks for the order, glad you were pleased with it and the service and quality showed though, also thanks for starting this thread, it has given everyone an insight into how a good canvas printing company works.

Thanks Ben

Back