'safety camera' question....

whitewash

Fishy Fingers
Edit My Images
Yes
ive got an NIP (notice of intended prosecution) for going through some traffic lights on pink.

how long do i have to send my details in (it fails to say on the letter and accompanying info (a nice out of date photocopy directly from their website..). do i need to send just my details of at the moment or do i need to send my license and a cheque at this time? the info is deeply unclear and im going away for a week tomorrow and obviously dont want to inccur any more of the wrath of cheshire police by delaying proceedings

cheers

jamie

you just have to return the form filled in to say its you at the moment, then they send the stuff through for the points and fine.

I believe its 30 days to send it in before they summons you. (dont quote me though)

its 28 days, ive just noticed it in thin hard to read italic writing on the letter amongst them quoting a selection of codes which i think relate to the law i appear to have broken!

ah well ill post it tomorrow morning and let them get on with the task of using my money to pay for some pen pusher rather than traffic police/road upkeep etc.

:LOL::LOL:

I had the same thing 2 years ago in Bristol; 4am heading to airport, ran a red light, got flashed. Now I'm not suggesting you do this, but I completed the NIP & returned it, genuinely forgetting to sign it. 2 weeks later I got a letter berating me for my driving & basically that was the end of it. I made some enquiries, and although the law requires you to complete the driver & guilty bits, if it's not signed, it cannot be pursued further. As I say, I'm not endorsing (!) this, just recounting my experience.

i think they've closed that loophole now!

what if i dont sign the notice
in order for the matter to be dealt with by way of a fixed penalty notice your response must be signed. if your response is returned unsigned then you will be summonsed for failing to provide the required information

im not bothered for the penalty being imposed (i know i was in the wrong) what ****es me off more is a bloke i worked with slammed his car into the back of another car whilst texting behind the wheel. what did he get? a nice day out on a road safety course, no points and no fine! seems a tad like the punishment doesnt fit the crime to me and if they bothered to cut trees down infront of roadsigns i wouldnt have been trying to read directions through a tree and wouldnt have gone through the lights on orange!

I think for many people it's the mis-use of the cameras and the revenue from them that is the issue more than anything. Same goes for Road Tax and Petrol Duty.

If our roads were in very good to excellent condition i don't think anyone would complain about Road Tax, the fact they are diabolical condition and Road Tax keeps going up is an obvious sore point

I think for many people it's the mis-use of the cameras and the revenue from them that is the issue more than anything. Same goes for Road Tax and Petrol Duty.

If our roads were in very good to excellent condition i don't think anyone would complain about Road Tax, the fact they are diabolical condition and Road Tax keeps going up is an obvious sore point

So true, I've got no chance of speeding on the roads in my estate even if I wanted to, my car would be knacked in a crack.
I think they are just trying to make it more difficult to drive a car on the roads these days. With all the speed bumps, stupid give way things that just stop traffic and create an accident blackspot, poor condition of the roads and the crazy ideas of cutting congestion. Sorry for throwing the thread off topic just needed to have a rant

if the lights were obstructed by a tree...
find a photographer (!!)
take a pic and submit it as your defence?

Back