The wedding of Katherine and Freddie!!

Name
Damien
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a great, but hard days shooting at this one.....it was/is my biggest booking of the year by a long way.....thankfully (and I do mean that!) I had a secret weapon up my sleeve in the shape of Ryan Jarvis!! Can't thank him enough for being there as my "assistant"!! :cautious:

Anyway, I won't bore you all with heaps of images, so I'll just put up a few on here to share.....please feel free to comment, whatever your level of experience or ability, I don't bite, or dummy spit, I always welcome and encourage C+C from everyone!!!! (y)

Mum by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Bridesmaid by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Church - Colour by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

First Dance by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Lovely. Wonderful set of images. Lighting on No3 is cracking.

Job well done, pal.

I like all four but wow...#3 is stunning, the lighting is just perfect, I have added you on flickr as based on these photos you set a standard I'd like to aspire too :)

Matt
MWHCVT

That's very kind, but my photos are far from the standard you should be aspiring to.....aim higher!!! :p

Seriously though, that is very kind of you.....you've cheered me right up!! :D

Some nice images there buddy well done...

They will love no3 :clap:

Regards MD(y)

Hi Damien, good set and #3 certainly is a good one.

I know this is not your fault but is there any chance we/you/the forum can stop this thing with the resize as

1, when first looking at the photos it makes them look oof and soft

2, it is a lot more work to click all the photos and I am sure it does not help the bandwidth

3, can we not post them at a size so they do not get the resize bar?

I know some of these faults are nothing to do with you Damien but it does spoil a good set.

Some nice images there buddy well done...

They will love no3 :clap:

Regards MD(y)

Thanks Dave!! (y) The bride is away at the moment and can only view the few teasers I've sent her, on her phone.....she did say that she's "over the moon" though, which is what it's all about!! :)

not bad mate, not bad.

I am going to buck the trend, and go for number 2, over no 3. Not faulting No 3 in the slightest, however reminds me of one that Ryan posted recently. Also like the candid capture of 2.

Hi Damien, good set and #3 certainly is a good one.

Thanks Tom!! :D Some good points, but I've struggled with photobucket (makes them look even worse!), and I don't think flickr hosts/links/whatever at 800px on the longest side.....although, I will admit I've not looked in to it at all!! :thinking:

Any advice on this will be gratefully received!! (y)

Thanks Tom!! :D Some good points, but I've struggled with photobucket (makes them look even worse!), and I don't think flickr hosts/links/whatever at 800px on the longest side.....although, I will admit I've not looked in to it at all!! :thinking:

Any advice on this will be gratefully received!! (y)

I agree Photo****et is not good.

not bad mate, not bad.

I am going to buck the trend, and go for number 2, over no 3. Not faulting No 3 in the slightest, however reminds me of one that Ryan posted recently. Also like the candid capture of 2.

Cheers matey!! (y) Number 3 is a direct copy of what Ryan did at the last gig I assisted him at.....only I did it with a single bare flashgun, not the ££££'s worth of Elinchrom gear he uses!! :D Having said that, how long do you reckon it'll be before I buy myself a set of Quadra's??!! :LOL:

I agree Photo****et is not good.

:shake: 100% agree.....it's dreadful for hosting!! :puke: I use it only for photos in the classifieds etc now!! :thumbsdown:

Dear All,

Photobucke is fine, if you resize to 800 pixels before you upload to it. When you do that, it doesn't throw a wobbly!

When you upload a 10Mb file to it, and it resizes itself it does though!

Copycat here, number 3 for me too. Just fantastic. My first thought when I saw it was "hmm, wonder how he lit there, hope it was just a flashgun so I can have a go". Soooo happy when I saw someone else had asked and got that answer.

Great work, very nicely done. Looks like it was a great venue too, though you get the credit there too for picking the right spot to take the photo in.

Dear All,

Photobucke is fine, if you resize to 800 pixels before you upload to it. When you do that, it doesn't throw a wobbly!

I do that (well I used too) but it ain't as good as flickr.

Think these are great, but could have been even better with a FF camera! :cautious:;)

Dear All,

Tried that several times and it made bugger all difference.....!! :shrug:

Copycat here, number 3 for me too. Just fantastic. My first thought when I saw it was "hmm, wonder how he lit there, hope it was just a flashgun so I can have a go". Soooo happy when I saw someone else had asked and got that answer.

Great work, very nicely done. Looks like it was a great venue too, though you get the credit there too for picking the right spot to take the photo in.

Thanks James!! (y) Fancy isn't always best imho.....couple that with not being able to afford a set of Elinchrom Quadra's, and a single flashgun is more than adequate in my book!! :p

Think these are great, but could have been even better with a FF camera! :cautious:;)

I know.....but I've already bought two 7D's this year and the wife would skin me allive if another camera shaped parcel turned up on the door step!! :eek: I think xmas will be my window of opportunity regarding FF.....fingers crossed!! ;)

Cracking set of images Damien. I find myself agreeing with Mr Smith though and going for number 2 - it is such a wonderfull capture and the B&W suits it perfectly. I really like three but it is a shame that he is not smiling:shrug:

Nick

Cracking set of images Damien. I find myself agreeing with Mr Smith though and going for number 2 - it is such a wonderfull capture and the B&W suits it perfectly. I really like three but it is a shame that he is not smiling:shrug:

Nick

What do you mean? That "smile" is the pinnacle of elation in Norfolk - esp on a wedding day - only exceeded , by the barest glimpse of teeth, when the final whistle goes in the local derby, and the words five and one are mentioned.

:wacky:

:exit:

Nick

Thanks Nick!! (y) I agree with you about number 3, but he wasn't much of a smiler....and I'm a firm believer that a natural "non-smile" is better than an un-natural forced one!! (y)

What do you mean? That "smile" is the pinnacle of elation in Norfolk - esp on a wedding day - only exceeded , by the barest glimpse of teeth, when the final whistle goes in the local derby, and the words five and one are mentioned.

You're never going to let that one go are you?! :LOL: Mind you, nor would I if I was a Canaries supporter speaking to a Tractor Boy!!! :D

Oi :bat: at least our keeper didn't let the ball run under his foot ala 'Gunny' :razz:

I hate no 3 the lighting is awful and I am in now way jealous or anything ...

Back