TP Day 2011 - Entries Thread - Slideshow now out!

smooth

Threebrows
Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
TP Day - Saturday 2nd July 2011.

To all TP'ers.

One forum and a very special challenge!

The TP Day 2011 challenge will be to take one picture on Saturday the 2nd July that represents your photographic passion with one image. The subject can be absolutely anything you like so long as it is taken at that specific date between 0001hrs and 23.59hrs. Editing and PP is allowed – the competition has no content boundaries.

If your chosen subject allows, it would be great if we could have shots indicative of the time of day:

Morning
Noon
Evening
Night

This is so that the showcase can represent the passing of a TP day in photographs. It would be great to get complete coverage from dawn to dusk if some of the lovely outdoor toggers could oblige?

The TP staff and I would love for as many of the active membership to participate as possible – be they professional, hobbyist or just starting out. You can take the image by yourself, organise a meet or use a studio with other members, the decision is yours.

All the images will then be put into a special online gallery – to showcase and demonstrate the simply amazing talent and people that this forum harbours. There will also be a slideshow made up of all the images for your viewing pleasure. Every image will be included; this challenge is about uniting TalkPhotography with the subject that binds us – the love of taking photographs. Each member will only be able to submit one shot; a shot that defines their passion and favourite subject matter. Your submitted image will be to the best of your ability; to demonstrate your skill, technique and how TalkPhotography has helped you develop.

This year we are also planning a special photobook which will contain all the images submitted. These will go on general sale to the forum in time for christmas :)

For the slideshow and book we would like a higher res/size image than the forum permits so please send your full res final image to tpday11(at)talkphotography.co.uk along with your username so that credit can be given, and the time at which the shot was taken so that they can be grouped together. These will be required by the 1st of August.

Spread the word! This forum is simply superb, so let us give something back and unite in one day!

Good Luck!

Last edited:
smoothedit said:
TP Day - Saturday 2nd July 2011.

To all TP'ers.

One forum and a very special challenge!

The TP Day 2011 challenge will be to take one picture on Saturday the 2nd July that represents your photographic passion with one image. The subject can be absolutely anything you like so long as it is taken at that specific date between 0001hrs and 23.59hrs. Editing and PP is allowed – the competition has no content boundaries.

If your chosen subject allows, it would be great if we could have shots indicative of the time of day:

Morning
Noon
Evening
Night

This is so that the showcase can represent the passing of a TP day in photographs. It would be great to get complete coverage from dawn to dusk if some of the lovely outdoor toggers could oblige?

The TP staff and I would love for as many of the active membership to participate as possible – be they professional, hobbyist or just starting out. You can take the image by yourself, organise a meet or use a studio with other members, the decision is yours.

All the images will then be put into a special TP gallery – to showcase and demonstrate the simply amazing talent and people that this forum harbours. There will also be a slideshow made up of all the images for your viewing pleasure. Every image will be included; this challenge is about uniting TalkPhotography with the subject that binds us – the love of taking photographs. Each member will only be able to submit one shot; a shot that defines their passion and favourite subject matter. Your submitted image will be to the best of your ability; to demonstrate your skill, technique and how TalkPhotography has helped you develop.

This year we are also planning a special photobook which will contain all the images submitted. These will go on general sale to the forum in time for christmas :)

For the slideshow and book we would like a higher res/size image than the forum permits so please send your full res final image to tpday11(at)talkphotography.co.uk along with your username so that credit can be given, and the time at which the shot was taken so that they can be grouped together. These will be required by the 1st of August.

Spread the word! This forum is simply superb, so let us give something back and unite in one day!

Good Luck!

All sounds good, a quick question from above, do we upload to the TP gallery rather than host on say flickr like I normally would or do we email off and then they get uploaded to the specially gallery, sorry I'm having a slow brain day

Matt
MWHCVT

I'm going to be one busy boy tomorrow. I am not free from 9:00am - midnight tomorrow so it looks like an early start for my shot! Which is a nice change as last year I did an evening shot. :)

All sounds good, a quick question from above, do we upload to the TP gallery rather than host on say flickr like I normally would or do we email off and then they get uploaded to the specially gallery, sorry I'm having a slow brain day

Matt
MWHCVT

Sorry Matt - I confused things with the words 'TP Gallery' when I should have used 'Online Gallery' :)

You can host wherever you like, and send the full res through to the email address.

What I was up to at stupid o'clock this morning:

Hilton_Fire_01072011_TP-0755.jpg

Virgin 747 landing at Gatwick at 05.03am. Taken from Russ Hill, Charlwood. It was a toss up between this photo or the carcass of a fox that I stepped on getting out of the car to take this.

p98950674.jpg

Last edited:

Treetops by KyranPhotog., on Flickr

Decided to get up nice an early to do this, tried to do some landscape before all the clouds set in but i was a little late. I quite liked this one however so I thought I shall use it. :)

I do not understand where and how to enter this competition today. :( I am new here.

Heya Fresh.

Just get your image that is taken from today, upload it to somewhere like flickr or the talkphotography gallery, and link your image into this thread. :)

here's my effort in the correct place :bonk:
IMG_50012littleowl.jpg

little owl taken at 11.04 this morning at a local fishing lake.

13:34 on 2/7/2011 - Stag at Ashton Court in Bristol, reflecting my passion for wildlife, though restrained by city life!

stag8.jpg

Nikon D3
Nikon 300mm f4 AF-S with Nikon 1.4 teleconverter.
1/1000 @ f5.6 using shutter priority.
Auto ISO (6400)

Last edited:
Heres mine, what a convenient thread!
Just shared it in general photo but to date probably the happiest i have been with a picture straight from the camera :)
So here it is, my poppy art:

poppy by jpay01, on Flickr

Jason Pay

Hand held selfie

5894196168_2a475a5623_b.jpg

Camera Canon EOS 5D Mark II Exposure 0.004 sec (1/250) Aperture f/5.6 Focal Length 64 mm ISO Speed 1600 Exposure Bias +2/3 EV

This is my entry, yeah it's far from technically perfect, but for me photography is about capturing the moments of my life that I treasure and the emotions that come with them. To me this picture is the start of summer, nothing says that better than a roaring barbeque :)

5893879669_5a3d1fc8e7_o.jpg

Taken while out walking the dog with my partner at Hatfield Forest this afternoon. This was a long shot and cropped quite a bit. We had no cover to conceal our approach and soon the deer had vanished. This was the last shot of a handful before it disappeared....

14:27

20110702_142756_9295_LR-3.jpg

Unfortunately, as this is already a big crop I can't provide a "full res" image for publication. I can get a little larger than the image above, but it won't print/display well much bigger than this. I'm afraid I didn't read all the way through to the end of the first post. :(

Last edited:
mini-018.jpg

Jackdaw

Well here is my shot from today taken at 2.30pm in back garden.

Last edited:
My dragon fly

WPG_0681.jpg

Camera Make {0x010F} NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model {0x0110} NIKON D300S
Last Modified Date/Time {0x0132} 2011:07:02 14:38:40
EXIF Sub IFD
Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) {0x829A} 1/200 second ===> 0.005 second
Lens F-Number / F-Stop {0x829D} 9/1 ===> ƒ/9
ISO Speed Ratings {0x8827} 200
Original Date/Time {0x9003} 2011:07:02 12:44:28
Shutter Speed Value (APEX) {0x9201} 15303/2002
Shutter Speed (Exposure Time) 1/200 second
Aperture Value (APEX) {0x9202} 23673/3734
Aperture ƒ/9
Flash {0x9209} Flash did not fire
Focal Length {0x920A} 300/1 mm ===> 300 mm

TP_Day_2011_-1.jpg

I believe EXIF is intact.

Taken at 6:00 pm (evening)

Now off to email the high-res.

Last edited:
This photo of Sutter's Gold climbing rose was taken this afternoon in windy western France.

5894287945_a086d9d0ee_b.jpg

DSC_6929 TALK DAY by jomantha, on Flickr

The Cinnabar Moth - Tyria jacobaeae

Taken at 13.40 at Newport Wetlands.

This image combines my 2 passions, photos of bugs and days out with my children and husband, whatever photos I post, they are always there in the background and so every image reminds me of special times with them.

This particular image shows how far I have come, I purchased a Raynox 250 after seeing them used here, and today the penny dropped. There is a small parasite on the moths wing which I would never have in a million years dreamed I would see, never mind photograph.

Photography in general has opened a new world, and the help and support provided here (along with the classfieds) has made me see my photo's with a new and more critical eye.

1 photo taken, just need to upload, will be tomorrow now if thats ok? and so i remind myself taken @ 8.20

Oulton Park
Cheshire
13.36PM today
Druids corner (Exit)
Porsche on take off

5894874338_880d4c36a3_o.jpg

Thanks to Ray for reminding me to do this
Had a great time taking pics of everything I saw
Kids
Birds
Swans

Loved doing it
Chris

5894378271_7e03313de9_z.jpg

been working on my case today out in the sunshine, fixing and working metal :)

just finished, these are surplus bolts and what I normaly do for photography, Close up / Macro

:)

Well here's my effort

Combining my new found love of stitched photo's and a desire to try out a tilt shift effect in post processing.

Taken approx 17:45 this afternoon

183/365 TalkPhotography Day 2011 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

To see the full size please CLICK HERE

Edit: I hope stiched images are allowed I never thought to check?? :shrug:

Matt
MWHCVT

Last edited:
Here's mine. Something simple.

Morning, noon and night :D

110702_1976.jpg

Well here`s mine just watered the garden
IMG_4882%20(Medium).JPG