Mixed bag 6 from the Lake District

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
Yes
First proper landscape shooting I've ever done. Took a lot of photos, some with my new 10 stop ND filter, all with my new 5D and 17-40 combo (barely even touched until last week!)

Hope you like.

5971998839_0a59a4de6e_b.jpg

5971997515_1cf5aa9db0_b.jpg

5972556394_5468951a09_b.jpg

5971998543_f4b41c929f_b.jpg

5972557324_e71ccd3443_b.jpg

5971997695_6afa517950_b.jpg

Used B+W ND 10 stop filter on some images, and Cokin ND Grad 2 stop (i think) on most. Cokin filter cast a warm tone over the images, which was annoying.

Nice set- lovely images :clap:

- However: the bold black borders do nothing for me :thumbsdown:

Les ;)

Stunning set particularly 1 and 3 which are superb. The composition of these two is perfect to my untrained eye!

Andy

Thanks :) wherever I went, I always tried to find some kind of foreground interest. Being in the Lake District, it was usually a rock. Point of the story?
I have about 20 photographs where a rock is the foreground interest :LOL:

Nice set- lovely images :clap:

- However: the bold black borders do nothing for me :thumbsdown:

Les ;)

Thanks bud :)
Regarding the borders, each to their own :)
If you go on flickr and press 'L' on your keyboard while viewing an image, it takes you to the image displayed on a black background, and I like that, so I've tried to replicate it here.

personaly I love number 2 spent so many days up there with skies that colour and photos never do them justice, also love thebreakwater thing which leads the eye into the pic.

Jd

personaly I love number 2 spent so many days up there with skies that colour and photos never do them justice, also love thebreakwater thing which leads the eye into the pic.

Jd

This was shortly before we ventured into Barrow-In-Furness. The leaflet (we were struggling to find things to do when it was cold and wet :shake:) said "Come to Barrow-In-Furness, where the lakes meet the sea!" so we just went.

I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this, but I think Barrow-In-Furness is the most unwelcoming, depressing and ugliest place I have ever seen. It was genuinely saddening driving through it. Safe to say we didn't stop.

But yes, the sky was pretty spectacular that day. That shot was taken using my £3 circular polariser from 7dayshop!

Last edited:
Stunning set particularly 1 and 3 which are superb. The composition of these two is perfect to my untrained eye!

Andy

Have to agree with this. Just a shame, as you mentioned in my thread, that you didn't have the weather for some of the shots.

They're great, but would be all the more better with some blue sky and fluffy clouds. Not a lot you could do about it, obviously.

Back